We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

Wales
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

The weather sites I have looked up today provide vastly different forecast for the next 14 days. Which is the most accurate?

Thank you.

Cardi 1

Derbyshire, Uk
Level Contributor
258 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

The one I was made aware of was http://www.ilmeteo.it/meteo/Bardolino and locals/regulars advise that the forecast is inaccurate more than about 2 days ahead and even then, rather like the UK weather, still not necessarily accurate ;-) We travel out next weekend and just figuring that it can't possibly be any worse than the UK so anything better is a bonus ;-)

Wales
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

I think you're spot on 1pink_lady. The only place where I have seen consistently accurate forecasts is in the USA where they have their own dedicated weather channel. We are also travelling out next weekend so fingers crossed....

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,083 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

The reason you are seeing vastly different forecasts is that nobody can accurately predict the weather in Europe more than about 24 hours ahead. The people providing the forecasts are making different guesses.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
19 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

Try SkyMeteo

http://meteo.sky.it/meteo/previsioni/

i always use them when in Italy

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

Hi Cardi 1, not long now until your trip! As the others have said, don't believe any forecast that's more than a day or two ahead - and even then they can be wildly inaccurate. Most hotels will display a three-day forecast, and recently, in Garda, the forecast showed the next day to be cool and wet - everyone was bemoaning the fact that their plans could be ruined. The reality was a hot, sunny day.

Have a great time.

Wales
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

Thank you very much Scozzese,

My wife and I are really looking forward to visiting Bardolino - rain or shine!

Cardi 1

7. Re: Where can I find the most accurate weather forecast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Bardolino
Recent Conversations