We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bassano Del Grappa in February?

Which Bassano Del Grappa hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
36 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Bassano Del Grappa in February?

Hello -

My husband and I will spend a week in Venice through the first weekend of Carnevale. I love the looks of Bassano Del Grappa but wondering what it's like in February? My thought is to go early and explore, then have lunch and return to Venice. I'd love to check out the ceramics as well, but we're traveling to Naples afterwards and will have lots to choose in the Amalfi Coast. We'll be taking a train and if we can visit another town at the same time, that would be great! Any wineries nearby?

3 replies to this topic
Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bassano Del Grappa in February?

Bassano is worth visiting all year round. It is the land of the grappa. The Poli distillery has a museum annexe.

The wooden bridge is the 1st symbol of being italians in the XX century being rebuild by the citizens and Alpine Forces after the 1st world war.

Kerry
Level Contributor
322 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bassano Del Grappa in February?

Hi Guys, I'll be in Venice in a couple of weeks and as 'himself' loves grappa wouldn't mind a visit to B del Grappa. Any ideas on travel and where to 'taste' we will be traveling by train.

Grazie Ammber

Perth, Western...
Level Contributor
2,458 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bassano Del Grappa in February?

There is a direct train line from Venice to Bassano and direct buses from Padua (sita) or Vicenza (ftv).

It is possible to taste grappa almost everywhere. Avoid extra charges sitting but stand at any front bar.

You could also visit the grappa museum, see info in their website:

www.poligrappa.com

Reply to: Bassano Del Grappa in February?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bassano Del Grappa
More Bassano Del Grappa Topics