We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

Revere...
Level Contributor
2 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

My husband and I will be staying in Bordighera for 4 days and want to visit either Nice or Monaco. Does anyone have any thoughts as to which one would be best?

Mentioned in this post
Bordighera
Bordighera
Italian Riviera, Italy
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Chiesa di Sant'Ampelio
Sacred & Religious Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Bordighera Alta
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Lungomare Argentina
Historic Walking Areas, Piers & Boardwalks, Points of Interest & Landmarks
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,363 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

I definitely prefer Monaco myself. I have really never been impressed by Nice ever.

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

Nice of course !

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,415 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

You don't really have to decide, as you could visit both on the same day if you want.

By train they are only twenty minutes apart, and by car 30 or 40 minutes depending on traffic (but it's a lovely drive if you don't use the toll highway), and to/from Nice on the highway avoiding Monaco is much faster.

Mentioned in this post
Monaco
Monaco
Europe
Davie, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
277 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

I just returned from a week in Monaco and a few days in Nice. I liked Nice more because it is more down to earth. It has an Old Town (Vielle Ville) that is very charming, with shops and restaurants and beautiful architecture. There is also an antique area where we purchased some very old items at bargain prices. The beach is far better than the pitiful one in Monte Carlo. Even the restaurants in Nice are better (and more affordable). Nice has a Friday market that has everything.

Monaco, and Monte Carlo to be more specific, is interesting if you like expensive sports cars and way overpriced stores etc. I felt I could better relate to the people in Nice than Monte Carlo. Walking through the different areas in Nice was more pleasurable for us. Try Nice, you will like it a lot. Or, do both

Mentioned in this post
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

Nice ! Definitely

6. Re: Bordighera to Nice or Monaco?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2017, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Bordighera
Recent Conversations
More Bordighera Topics