We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Moritz to Lienz via Stelvio National Park

Which Bormio hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Topic
St Moritz to Lienz via Stelvio National Park

As part of a road trip i am planning on driving from St Moritz to Lienz via the most scenic / picturesque route.

I have a couple of options :

1) from St Moritz to Zernez then head south to Livigno and to Bormio. From there through Stelvio National Park on route SS38

2) from St Moritz to Zernez then east through the Swiss national park on route 28 and then picking up route SS41 until it joins with SS38.

I am in no particular rush and want to pick the route with the best scenery views.

I would appreciate any tips or advice on the better route (or any other alternatives).

With option 1 above google maps won't let me actually plot this route but i assume it is drive-able unless bad weather / winter?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Moritz to Lienz via Stelvio National Park

Hi, the most scenic would be the 2nd route via the swiss National park.

2. Re: St Moritz to Lienz via Stelvio National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2015, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Bormio