We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mille Miglia 2011

Which Brescia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Mille Miglia 2011

Anyone going to watch the Mille Miglia 2011 race? Which stage? Where are you staying?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
27 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

Hi

My husband and I will be going to the Mille Miglia. We will be staying up in Lake Garda and will be traveling down to Brescia for the day. I don't know if taking the train or driving would be better. There may not be many places to park a car? Have Fun!!

RUGBY
Level Contributor
59 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

yes.- husband and I are flying to Verona and catching the train to desenzano where we are staying for 3 nights so that we can travel to Brescia by train to watch the start of the race.

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

Yes, my wife and I will be in Brescia from May 10 through May 19 and plan to see all the Mille Miglia sights. We are staying in a B&B on the Via Corsica, not far from the train station. I think most of the activity is around the Piazza della Vittoria; which is approximately a mile from our apartment.

In addition, we may train to Bologna for the second phase of the race.

There are many postings on www.youtube.com for previous years activity. We are anxiously awaiting the 2011 MM.

If you have run across any additional MM information, please post it.

Thanks.

Ferd

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

Anyone know yet what the exact dates are for the Mille Miglia 2011 are? Or at least which dates they will be in Rome? The dates don't seem to be on their website yet. Thanks!

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,080 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

According to the website the dates are May 11 (optional) to May 15.

Scotland
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

My husband and will be staying at a hotel in Sale Marasino on Lake Iseo, and taking the train down to Brescia on May 12 to see the start of the race. We don't really know what to expect, but will be quite happy just mooching around hopefully soaking up the atmosphere.

We may go along to the Mille Miglia Museum in Brescia. Has anyone been - is it any good?

Scotland
Level Contributor
39 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

Just returned from Italy where we spent the day in Brescia on 12 May for the start of the Mille Miglia 2011. We stayed near Lake Iseo and took the train into Brescia (3.20 Euros single), unfortunately the return trains stopped at about 7pm, so we asked our hotel to pre-book a taxi to get back (30 Euros). The town is full of action on the day. The scrutineering in the main Piazza is cordoned off, but viewing is possible from behind a fence. The cars brrrm through the streets to park up for the day, and it is possible to wander round getting a good look at some fabulous old vehicles with great pedigrees. There are plenty of people, but also lots of space, so the crowds never become impossible.

We stayed for the start of the race at 7pm, when cars set off in timed intervals taking a circuit through the town before leaving on the first leg. We stayed till 8.30pm. and cars were still leaving. It is possible to stand right next to the route, no barriers. People wander around, cyclists ride up the route the wrong way, the police wave at the cars as they go by, a few of the competitors wore period costume - it is all very light hearted and happy,

Now I'm curious to know what it is like watching the race in other towns along the route. Anyone....?

8. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 February 2012, 08:35
9. Re: Mille Miglia 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Brescia
Recent Conversations