We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capitolium & Santa Giulia

Reading
Level Contributor
158 posts
158 reviews
Save Topic
Capitolium & Santa Giulia

Apologies in advance if I'm being dense: I'm trying to book a timed ticket for the Capitolium together with a visit to the Santa Giulia museum. I see how I can book the timed entry on the Capitolium section of the Bresiamusei website but I would have to pay €4 for that when the website also says that the Capitolium is included in a Santa Giulia €10 ticket. However the booking page for the Santa Giulia ticket doesn't seem to allow for booking a timed entry to the Capitolium and the Capitolium page doesn't seem to permit booking a timed entry where you already have a Santa Giulia ticket. Some may say not to worry - it's never that busy but I'm trying to secure two places in a 13:00 English speaking tour on a Sunday. Help!

Reading
Level Contributor
158 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capitolium & Santa Giulia

Just in case anyone else ever has the same question I shall respond to my own post! I never did solve the puzzle I raised but in any event we had no trouble buying the Brescia card at the Santa Giulia museum and making a booking for the 13:00 English tour of the Capitolium. However:

(a) There were only 4 people on that tour so perhaps I was being unnecessarily anxious;

(b) The tour isn’t so much a tour as a supervised visit – on gains access to the modern building behind the restored frontage and gets to listen to an English recording of the history and restoration of the Capitolium followed by a visit to a room with a lot of old Roman tablets on the walls;

(c) Honestly, I wouldn’t bother unless you have a specific interest – just view the Capitolium from the outside and spend the time instead in the excellent Santa Giulia museum - we had to interrupt our museum visit to make the 1PM "tour" and I wish I hadn't!

The Brescia card itself is probably only good value if you plan on revisiting the museum within a year.

2. Re: Capitolium & Santa Giulia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Brescia
Recent Conversations