We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

Clinton, MS
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

I found this great website that almost seems too good to be true - has anyone heard of it or know anything about it? My husband and I have never been to Europe and this looks like a great place to start for a winter vacation!

http://www.schwarzenstein.com/index.html

Any advice and insider info would be greatly appreciated.

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

I have stayed at this hotel, do you still require information?

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

It's a really great website. We're thinking to visit in October. Does anyone know about this hotel? How's food quality, wellness area & service? We're not going to drive. Is the hotel a good location to walk around? We're just going to enjoy the food & the facilities inside. How many days would you suggest? Any info. is greatly appreciated!

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

stayed at this hotel in July 2006 for 10 night s and have re booked for next year. My wife and I have stayed in many hoters throughout the world and this was one of the most enjoyable. Clean, spacious and will all facilites but not starched or "over the top". The food was excellent but there were a number of families around who were, on a very few occasions, noisy. We had a suite which was the largest hotel room I have ever had. Gret for walking but plan routes carefully to walk to Huttes (make sure they are open by contacting local TIC) and then down again. Stunning scenery around every corner. Stayed for 10 nights and only met 1 other english person. Mainly Germand and Italians in that area and englsih is not widely spoken - we managed quite well. Any other info give me a call.

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

Sounds like a very nice hotel. How many stars would you give? (It's stated as a four-star hotel.) Is it up to a four-star standard?

We're food lover. So the thing we concern most is if the food is good enough. For dinner, is it set menu or can we choose a-la-carte? Are the dishes refined or just try to fill you up? (I couldn't find any pictures on how the dishes are like in the website.) How many points would you give for its food quality?

Thank you so much!

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

are you in the UK? the deal we had included breakfast, buffet lunch and dinner. Breakfast was buffet and of excellent quality, fresh fruits, cheeses and traditional bacon and eggs etc. No complaints. Buffet lunches, when we were there were smaller choice, smoked salmon, quiche etc but again good and adequate. No complaints. The meal at night was 5 courses and we would class it as 4 star but without the finesse. The food was more than adequate and they were more than happy to cater for my wife who does not eat meat. Staff more than friendly, we are food and wine lovers and again had no complaints. If you do stay ask for a table in the far dining room not near to the buffet section. The cheese board was the biggest I have ever seen was was of buffet style. We have stayed in the locality before and the food at the hotel is as good as anywhere and as stated very good to good. 4 stars. Wine choice also excellent and very reasonable priced. I can send you some photos of the hotel etc if you wish. PMM

Canada
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

Yes, please send to bluekaifu@hotmail.com.

When you were there, did you join their guided hiking or biking? How was it?

Is the sauna area a nude area mix of men & women? As I'm not born in that culture, it feels quite uncomfortable for me. Is swimming suit not allowed?

Thanks for all the questions!!! If you think of any insider tips, please let me know.

England
Level Contributor
53 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

Ask away, no problem. Will do photos soon.Yes, the Sauna is mixed and nude (very strictly nude and very well run and clean). Just go with it. There is also a secluded outdoor area to the Nude Sauna section for cooling down or sun bathing. Learn the SYSTEM before you go in or if you don't know it ask us and we will do it by e mail with photos. It is a fantastic expereience which you will want to repeat. Once you have experienced a PROPER sauna, steam, aroma room etc you will never use a smelly one again where everyone wears cossies. Very unheigenic.

The menu by the way has three or four choices for each course and always a salad buffet for the salad course. Small nicely presented courses which complement a good wine.

CHM (wife now joined in)

8. Re: Tyrol in Winter - Hotel Schwarzenstein

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 August 2009, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Bressanone
Recent Conversations