We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How cold could be in early december?

Which Bressanone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
316 posts
264 reviews
Save Topic
How cold could be in early december?

I would like to go with my family to Bressanone and spend one or 2 nights there in our way to Munich. How cold it could be? and another question how I could go from Bressanone to Merano without a car for a day trip?

Thank you very much

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How cold could be in early december?

Hi,

We were in Brixen/Bressanone the first week of December last year. We went to visit the Christmas Market there, which was very nice. The day we visited it was very sunny and not too cold. I'm thinking this is not the normal though. We also liked the Diocean Museum there as well. Can't help with getting to Merano, as we had a car and were staying in Hall in Tirol (near Innsbruck) and just went to Bressanone for the day.

Paul

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
316 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How cold could be in early december?

Thank you Paul, Maybe I will be a better idea to wait and see and if its easy to drive around , rent a car for a day. I read that Bressanone its small and you can walk around very easy

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
4,012 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How cold could be in early december?

Yes, Bressanone is pretty small, but big enough. Another picturesque old town near Bressanone is Sterzing/Vipiteno. We stopped there for the small Christmas markets also. Small old town, but very charming.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How cold could be in early december?

On average, -1 to -6°C: worldweatheronline.com/Bressanone-weather-av…

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How cold could be in early december?

Hello,

It will be cold (especially compared to Buenos Aires, you lucky thing). Usually around the 0C mark, althought it can get warmer when the sun comes out. You'll find that Munich is about the same temperature so you won't need any more extra sweaters.

DD

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
316 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How cold could be in early december?

Thank you very much around 0 will be fine for us ( we are planning to stay only one or two nights) its easy to drive, the routes are clean ? Do you know any car rental company where I can pick up the car in Verona and returning back in Bressanone?

San Lorenzo di...
Destination Expert
for South Tyrol Dolomites
Level Contributor
415 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How cold could be in early december?

As mentioned on this forum the public transport system in South Tyrol is excelent. There are trains between Bressanone and Merano every half hour from early morning til early evening EXCEPT for a time-slot between 8:30 and 10:30 due to track maintainance. Also, there are busses into all valleys and villages at max. hourly intervals (most - if not all of them - in 30minute intervals). If you still intend to hire a car try AVIS, they have an office in Bressanone.

Buenos Aires...
Level Contributor
316 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How cold could be in early december?

Thank you very much for you help, I think it will be easier by train or bus instead of a car, the problems as always will be the luggage (in fact we are 6) I will try trainitalia. I heard that is a one or three day pass .

We will travel from Verona to Bressanone by train, leave our luggage there (because I couldn t find a Hotel in Bolzano for just one night) and take the train to Merano have a look and come back to bressanone or do Bolzano and come back to bressanone, the day after Bolzano or Bressanone and take the train to Munich in an early afternoon. Just to take a look of the three towns.

9. Re: How cold could be in early december?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Bressanone
Recent Conversations