We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transfer to Canazei

Which Canazei hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
transfer to Canazei

We are going ski-ing to alba di Canazei in February. We will fly either to Venice, Verona, Treviso or Milan. Which of these airports are best for transfers, public buses prefrably? Any recommendations of mini-bus companies? Many thanks

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transfer to Canazei

You haven't said which day you're travelling, but if it's a Saturday then take a look at this website:

www.trentinoviaggi.net/start.php…

Transfers are available from Verona, Brescia, Treviso and Bergamo

If it's a Saturday you could also contact the Tour Companies (Crystal, Thomson, First Choice) as they have buses from Verona airport to the Val di Fassa - if they have room they'll sometimes sell you a transfer.

Other days of the week, you could contact Viaggi Gardena (info@viaggigardena.com) as they can give you a quote for a private transfer.

Back to your question about which airport is best for public transport, then for Canazei the easiest will be Verona. From there you catch a bus from the airport to the rail station, a train to Trento, and then there are direct busses to Canazei.

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: transfer to Canazei

Thans very much for this. It is indeed a Saturday, UK February half-term. As a result all the planes are packed, and I've been forced to settle for a BA flight to Milan. It's reasonably priced, but is the coach journey from Milan likely to encounter problems with traffic? There are 40 of us and a private coach charter will work out to be relatively inexpensive I think

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transfer to Canazei

I think that UK half term coincides with Carnivale. If this is the case there will be a lot of traffic on the roads from Milan, as this is one of the busiest holidays for the Italian ski resorts.

Nothing much you can do about it, so grit your teeth and think of the skiing when you get there!

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: transfer to Canazei

Thanks -- cant see much of an alternative. Do you know canazei well? Would you mind if I asked you a few more questions over the next few months?Happy to return info on London, New York, Paris and India

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
753 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: transfer to Canazei

Yes, I know it reasonably well, so feel free to fire away!

england
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: transfer to Canazei

Hi IMarked, I've just booked a week in Canazei in March, my first time in the Dolomites (usually ski in France). I'd love to hear any recommendations for best bars, restaurants, tips on the ski area or anything else you think might be useful :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: transfer to Canazei

Only just got this, sorry. We are going to canazei next week and again in Feb. I'll give you some recommendations when I return.

england
Level Contributor
205 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: transfer to Canazei

great, thanks - conditions sound pretty good at moment, 70cm mid-mountain and more showers to come over next week or so. Enjoy!

scotland
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: transfer to Canazei

hi

we are going to alba di canazei in march 4 skiers and 4 total beginners,where are the beginners best skiing, also did you arrive by public transport and how easy was it, we are arriving at bergamo airport on a moday, wondered if i could get a bus from airport to bolzano then taxi to resort rather than taxi all the way from bergamo

thanks

bellfi

10. Re: transfer to Canazei

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2008, 00:45