We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Checking luggage at the Caserta Train Station

Which Caserta hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montgomery, alabama
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Checking luggage at the Caserta Train Station

I am traveling with friends in mid Sept 2007 from Rome to Salerno. On the way, we would like to stop at Caserta for several hours and tour the palace and gardens. Does anyone know if you can check luggage at the train station in Caserta (like you can at the Rome Termini station)? We would be checking our luggage for 5 hours and then heading south to Salerno and the Amalfi coast for 4 days.

Please let me know if you can check luggage/baggage at the Caserta train station.

Thanks,

Mark

Salerno, Italia
Level Contributor
3,055 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Checking luggage at the Caserta Train Station

Dear mdl334,

I realize that you already completed your trip to Caserta, however, in general, the people at the ticket office at the Reggia/Palace di Caserta can hold your luggage for you for free.

As for the Caserta FS Train Station, I remember that it was undergoing some renovations so maybe they did put in a luggage storage area. However, according to an FS Trenitalia link, no luggage storage/deposito bagagli exists at the Caserta Train Station:

trenitalia.com/it/3a1be2a3ded1b010VgnVCM1000…

Buona Fortuna...

montgomery, alabama
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Checking luggage at the Caserta Train Station

Yes, you are correct. We left our luggage at the coat check inside the Reggia Caserta. The people running it were very nice and helpful. It was free, although we did leave a tip.

The train station was under MAJOR renovation. I would not recommend leaving anything there unless things have greatly improved since our visit Sept 2007.

Thank you for your reply.

Grazie e buona giornata!

Mark

3. Re: Checking luggage at the Caserta Train Station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 07:19