We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

baptism at the palace of caserta

New York
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
baptism at the palace of caserta

If you were born at the palace of caserta, you would more likely be baptised at the cathedral in the palace right? My grandmother was born in the palace, a product of an affair within the palace and she was baptised, taught to read and write and appointed a ward of the state by a family called Tusto who came to America. I would like to know the church or where one would find a baptism record. She was born 1903 and therefore the time has cleared for me to obtain information. I am her granddaughter.

Dandy

dandy81970@Yahoo.com

Amalfi
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: baptism at the palace of caserta

Dandy, you should contact the Royal Palace, I am sure they would like to help you or at least point you in the right direction

South Orange, New...
Destination Expert
for Campania
Level Contributor
579 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: baptism at the palace of caserta

I have no idea...but wow. how cool is that ;-) Contact people there and ask around (there are some contacts with emails here: ambientece.arti.beniculturali.it/index.htm - maybe they can point you in the right direction)

capital district ny
Level Contributor
401 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: baptism at the palace of caserta

I also have no idea on how to help you but can't help but second the comment "How cool is that!" If this was an affair they would have wanted to keep quiet, maybe they would have opted for a quieter baptism in the village church. Who knows! But this sounds like you will have to make a trip there to do the research yourself.Lucky you. You may need to track down the family Tusto for info.Also try the comune-- town hall, but generally churches kept better records I think.

Please keep us posted of your progress. you may have the makings of a book here.

4. Re: baptism at the palace of caserta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 20:23