We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Villa Godenano in Castellina in Chianti

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Topic
How to get to Villa Godenano in Castellina in Chianti

m staying at Villa Godenano in Castellina in Chianti.

I will be coming by train from Rome ?

Is it best to go to Poggibonsi, as the nearest train station ?

Can you get a taxi from the station ?

Do you need to book a taxi ?

How much does it cost ?

Regards

Gary

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Villa Godenano in Castellina in Chianti

I'm not sure there are taxis in Poggibonsi. I suggest you contact the hotel: they normally have or know someone who can pick you up at a train station and drive you there. They can also tell you how much it will cost.

Castellina In...
Level Contributor
102 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Villa Godenano in Castellina in Chianti

Yes, there are taxis in Poggibonsi, but only two at the last count! I have their numbers if you want them. Call the Villa and ask their advice, but it's almost always worth hiring a car when you come to Chianti as otherwise you'll be extremely limited. You can get the train to Florence and pick up a car there easily enough.

OK, just looked up your Villa on Google and unless you're part of some tour or group you are definitely going to need to hire a car! Taxi from Poggi will cost you around €40-€50. Hope this helps!

3. Re: How to get to Villa Godenano in Castellina in Chianti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 June 2013, 19:52
Get answers to your questions about Castellina In Chianti