We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

Which Castellina In Chianti hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Victoria
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

I'm asking the question re booking at this villa. anybody out there when making payments with cash only (they do not accept credit card,) did u get slugged for bank cost of the money been transfered into the a/c of this business from outside of italy.???.We were there in mid September stayed for a week,the place was very nice central to other places to visit.Did not like the way the owner greeted us on arrival (house keeper had to show us everything) not very professsional.try to over charge us per head on the meal she cooked on the saturday nite.The internet was poor,then got charged for the banking fees her bank charged her for money we transfered to her a/c,Not Happy Jan !!!!!. Next time will go else where in the region .

Castellina in...
Level Contributor
3,308 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

Of course you have to pay the bank transfer fee. The amount that the recipient receives should be the full amount owed. Getting the money there is for you to look after.

Victoria
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

I don't have a problem paying to send the money across, but to pay a bank fee to deposit into the bank on the otherside of the world that is double dipping in my eyes, the person that the money is going to should bear the cost not the tourist.!! If it wasn't for us going overseas on holidays the country will be broke. from what I have seen it's stuffed as it is .

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
6,168 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

Times may be hard but I'm sure the Italian economy can limp along a bit longer without visitors who openly write the country off as "stuffed".

South East England...
Level Contributor
3,957 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

We had to pay the recipient's bank charges of an American company to which we paid in US dollars for a rental in Italy, so it isn't just Italians that work that way. Also have had to pay the recipient's PayPal charges although these are not quite as expensive as our bank charges. So you see it's common practice.

mesh

Edited: 08 November 2013, 11:36
UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

Got to agree with Tuscan, we owe what we owe in Euros. It's up to us how we make that payment within the allowed methods of payment. If someplace doesn't take credit cards then we will always pay cash.

Also, I don't see how you can call it double dipping... There are two banks involved and both need to cover their admin costs and make a little profit on the transaction!

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,642 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

I dont have anything to add here except that I'm a HUGE Oldboy fan. Just watched it the other day for the 5th time

north carolina
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

Maybe, another point of view. I agreed to wire money (in euro) to a host in Italy and I paid my local institution a currency exchange fee and a wire transfer fee. So okay, when host's bank received the money, they charged the host an additional fee, for some reason that was never clear to me. Host asked me to pay the additional fee, too. I refused, because I felt that when I got the money into host's account then my obligation ended. If hosts's bank adds on another fee, that is just a cost of doing business, not my problem unless it was built into the original quoted price. One may, of course, refuse to pay charges that seem unreasonable, and then manage the resulting hassle as one feels appropriate.

And one should report the resulting hassle on the TripAdvisor reviews, but not, less us say, at the cost of trashing Italy.

Victoria
Level Contributor
29 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

that was the same issue we had when we where there.The owner of the villa should have the rate charges higher to cover her banking fee costs.The wife told her before we left she needed to get her act together when it came to putting the extra charges on top off what we already paid.that is what my issue was about.If her bank charges her a fee "not our problem" ,at least you r on the same wave length.Apart from this issue we had a great 6 weeks in Europe.Can not wait to get back

9. Re: Poderi Val Verde in castallina in Chianti

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 20:15
Get answers to your questions about Castellina In Chianti