We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Full Board work in these resorts?

Which Cattolica hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
How does Full Board work in these resorts?

Hi TA experts

Just wondering how the full board meal plans work at these resorts on checkin and checkout days? If check in is at 12 noon and we have full board does that mean we have both lunch and dinner at the hotel that first day or just dinner? With check out is that just breakfast or breakfast and lunch?

I have tried emailing the hotel and no answer and tried searching on the forum but cannot find this. We are staying at the Hotel Golf in Cattolica for 2 nights at the end of July. Even if you stayed somewhere else I would like to know generally how it works. Thanks :)

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
2,882 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

Hi. Usually when you have a Full Board service (pensione completa) it include the same number of meals of the days paid. So, if you pay 7 days are included 7 lunch, 7 breakfast and 7 dinner. Usually the official day start at late morning (so include the first lunch) and end the day after in the morning (so include breakfast). For the last day you can ask for an additional lunch and often the cost isn't so high, or simply eat something on another restaurant.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

Thanks, that is what I was hoping it would be. Great explanation. :)

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,815 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

It's better You send the hotel You booked a mail telling them when You arrive. If You arrive with lunch You finish your stay with the breakfast, if You arrive with dinner You finish with lunch on the day of departure. If You tell them nothing, most hotels apply the unwritten rule that You finish with breakfast on the day of departure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

Hi

Thanks for mentioning this possibility now I have a good idea of what is happening. I have emailed the hotel twice before I posted here but have heard back now this weekend. So now I will tell them when we are arriving. Thanks so much

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
12,815 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

You're welcome!

Please let me know how it went, for me it's always interesting to know this.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

Hey,

I wanted to know how does this full board package work. In the sense if I sit down at a lounge for pre drinks and nibble. Later move on to dinner. How do they account where I have eaten what and whats included. Do you get vouchers for your meals, to prove how much you have eaten n where you have eatter in the resort?

Regards,

Sam

7. Re: How does Full Board work in these resorts?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 05:15