We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to cefalu from palermo

Which Cefalu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to cefalu from palermo

We are landing in palermo and Heading straight to cefalu to relax after long travel from Canada.

From what I can tell we would take a train into central Palermo and then catch a bus to cefalu-

Just wondering if this is the most direct way or if there is anything leaving right from the airport?

Thanks!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,870 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Ciao EricaDawnS – Just the opposite!

You would take the Prestia e Comandè bus from the airport to Palermo Centrale – There’s construction on the train line.

www.prestiaecomande.it/index.php…

gesap.it/upload/…20ottobre.pdf

Then from Palermo Centrale you would catch the train to Cefalù.

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

Vagabonda

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
30 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Thanks so much!

beverly hills
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

i will be staying in palermo, so i would take the bus to cefalu...thank u so much

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,870 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Ciao tragoddess,

There is frequent train service from Palermo to Cefalù.

There are only three bus runs a day from Palermo to Cefalù - SAIS Trasporti Palermo-Cefalù at 13.00, 14.30, 18.30.

Vagabonda

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

going on june 1.hired a car and driver airport to cefalu and return.200 euro.it cost more, but, saves time and hassle

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,870 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Yes, the transfer is 100,00 euro in each direction and very convenient!

Meditravel Cefalu’:

meditravel.it/Noleggio_Auto-Bus/IT/Transfer.…

Turismez Viaggi:

turismezviaggi.it/Incoming-Sicily/IT/Transfe…

Roberto Bruscemi Transfer:

http://www.robertourcefalu.com/

Vagabonda

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
2 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Next week, my boyfriend and I will arrive at Palermo airport at 19:30, and want to get to Cefalu the same evening. I understand that the last train from Palermo central to Cefalu leaves at 20:44.

You posted a link that there is no train between the airport and Palermo due to construction. I looked at the site of the bus company, but did not understand it all... (Sorry, my italian is not so good.) It departs every 30 minutes, but how long does the ride take to the central station? Can we buy our tickets on board?

Also, for the train in Palermo, can we purchase on board, or is there a ticket office that is easy to find? (There will be little time...)

Mille grazie!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,870 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Welcome to Sicily Christina_Freyhult!

It’s very unlikely that you will arrive at Palermo Centrale on time for the last train to Cefalù – Depending on traffic, the airport bus would take 45-60 minutes.

You can purchase your tickets for the Prestia e Comandè airport bus on board the bus and the bus stops in front of Palermo’s train station – Be sure to validate your ticket.

You would purchase your train ticket at the train station prior to boarding the train, again be sure to validate your ticket.

A private transfer would be your only guarantee of getting to Cefalù the same evening.

www.meditravel.it/noleggio_auto-bus/it/

turismezviaggi.it/Incoming-Sicily/IT/Transfe…

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

Portsmouth, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Hello,

I am travelling to from Palermo airport to cefalu on thursday 23rd June at around midday and want to travel back on a sunday around 8am. i have looked at the train site an tried to book a ticket but my options are limited and would not suit the times i need to travel. is it essential to book tickets or can you purchase on the day without risking being stuck in palermo. also, do the trains run that early on sundays?

Thanks for your help!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,870 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting to cefalu from palermo

Welcome to Sicily PollyPicture!

There’s no need to book a train ticket in advance.

Take the Prestia e Comandè bus from the airport to Palermo and then take the train from Palermo to Cefalù.

www.prestiaecomande.it/index.php…

The first train departs Cefalù at 7.00 on Sundays, so you should be fine.

Train schedules will be updated in mid-June, so check schedules again closer to your dates of travel, but schedules never change very much. If you'd like an idea of schedules, enter a date within the next seven days.

Best Wishes!

Vagabonda