We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

St.Ives
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

Could anyone tell me how this will fix us for buses and trains to Cefalu and Palermo?

I am very disappointed and gather the hotel is out in the middle of nowhere and not that good. i wanted to be able to walk into Cefalu. Do you think I could book IN Cefalu now? Its for end Sept into Oct.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,239 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

This would not position you well at all and you certainly won't be able to walk to Cefalù - You should be able to book in Cefalù for the end of September into October.

Buona Fortuna!

Vagabonda

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

You are in a worse situation than me. We had pre-booked for next April.It's amazing Saga changed at such short notice. We have now booked two apartments with Think Sicily.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,239 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

There are many hotels and self-catering options in Cefalù, but you might also contact Sicilian Experience.

http://www.sicilianexperience.com/

Vagabonda

St.Ives
Level Contributor
241 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

I have cancelled with saga and booked independently after a lot of anguish. So annoying that saga would not keep our flight and book us in at a hotel in Cefalu, we don't mind not being with the group or not seeing a rep. They would not help us and the compensation for moving out of Cefalu is a paltry £20 each if you do it. At least we will get a full refund.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,239 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

Good job with a fresh start and a new location PopovaSt_Ives!

All the best -

Vagabonda

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

I'm a compensation girl myself. You need to set a price on the fact that you've had to change your plans which will include your time and any extra the alteration cost you and your anxiety. I have had several successes. You just need to be persistent.

Threaten them with ABTA and bad publicity.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,239 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

Good for you Sandra080, and perhaps that would serve as incentive for how they should handle future bookings!

Vagabonda

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

You're right. If we always complained when things go wrong and praise when things go right we'd get better service. You know when Saga phoned me to say they were no longer using the Sea Palace they couldn't or wouldn't give any info about the alternative. I had to look it up for myself.

By the way, thanks for all the advice about Sicily.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
99,239 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

Prego Sandra080 – My pleasure!

This is very shoddy service – Please consider submitting a review to warn others of this shoddy service.

There’s a review on the Icelandic forums, but nothing on the Italian forums.

What if I want to review something that's not listed on TripAdvisor?:

tripadvisor.com/help/what_if_i_want_to_revie…

ABTA might also appreciate knowing - travel.saga.co.uk/holidays/abta-and-atol.aspx

Vagabonda

London, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: saga moving us to fiesta hotel-athenee palace campofelice

Hi Vagabonda,

That's really helpful info which I hope Popova St Ives will take up. Unfortunately I was only pre-registering interest for 2013 so had no contract with Saga. However it does beg the question of how I can be sure that if I do make a booking with Saga that I will get to go to the hotel I want.