We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiavari..fun place to visit?

united states
Level Contributor
38 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Chiavari..fun place to visit?

We are taking a cruise in October and have a chance to visit Chiavari as one of our land tour selections....should we do it for choose something else? The description mentions shopping..

Mentioned in this post
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiavari..fun place to visit?

We spent 4 nights in Chiavari in June and thoroughly enjoyed it.

There are lots of covered walkways throughout the town and extensive variety of stores. Most stores close between 12 and 3 for lunch, so be careful what time you get there.

What are your other choices for Land tours?

You can easily get to Santa Margherita and Rapallo as well as Sestri Levante from Chiavari. These are picturesque Riviera towns.

Mentioned in this post
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
Sestri Levante
Sestri Levante
Italian Riviera, Italy
Louisville
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiavari..fun place to visit?

I have to say that I'm a little biased. :) My mother is from Chiavari and I've spent my summers there ever since I can remember. I think it's just lovely because you can get history, beaches and shopping and still feel like you're a local. Anyway...I think you would enjoy Chiavari and all it has to offer.

Mentioned in this post
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
Genoa, Italy
Level Contributor
265 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiavari..fun place to visit?

Honestly Chiavari is not the place with the best attractions in the Riviera.. it's not bad but I would prefer Camogli, Sestri Levante or Alassio on the west part of the riviera.

If your target it's just shopping Rapallo and Santa Margherita or Portofino have very fashon (and expensive) shop.

You can also consider to go to the Designer Outlet in Serravalle (30 min north of Genoa). Very good prices of designer clothes but nothing else to see there.

Ciao

Mentioned in this post
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
Camogli
Camogli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Sestri Levante
Sestri Levante
Italian Riviera, Italy
Alassio
Alassio
Italian Riviera, Italy
Rapallo
Rapallo
Italian Riviera, Italy
Portofino
Portofino
Italian Riviera, Italy
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Asti, Italy
Level Contributor
919 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiavari..fun place to visit?

I agree with La Mangia, I am not impressed with Chiavari, some friend live there and we occasionaly visit, huge long marina, towm is a little boring in my opinion and as other say there are much nicer attractions along the coast and better shopping options, why not Genoa as well, its very interesting city with lots of history and good shops/restaurants.

Mentioned in this post
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
Genoa
Genoa
Italian Riviera, Italy
Madrid
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiavari..fun place to visit?

Dear Hillsie,

Chiavari is fantastic! You will surely love it! There are the best shops in the area, of course there are not the "monobrand" shop but in the Carugiu Drito you can finds bags, shoes atc....of Dolce e gabbana, Gucci, Chloè, Balenciaga, Hogan, tod's and so on....

a really nice town!

Mentioned in this post
Chiavari
Chiavari
Italian Riviera, Italy
6. Re: Chiavari..fun place to visit?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 14:19
Get answers to your questions about Chiavari
Recent Conversations