We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abruzzo 2011

Tonawanda NY
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Abruzzo 2011

We are in the "planning stages" of a trip to Italy in 2011.

Both my husband's & my grandparents were from Abruzzo reigon.

We would like to visit San Fele & Chiati while we are in the area -

any advice/suggestions/ travel tips would be appreciated.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Abruzzo 2011

San Fele is really just a neighborhood (or a road) in Chieti. I assume you meant "San Fele and Chieti". Maybe in your grandparents' time it was an outlying district.

Abruzzo is a very beautiful region, little visited by tourists. I suggest that you make your visit to Chieti part of a longer visit to some of the other parts of the region. Further inland, there are some very beautiful hill towns set in mountain scenery. To get around, you should rent a car.

Hot Sulphur...
Level Contributor
880 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abruzzo 2011

Also, look into when the villages have their Festa weekends. Visting family during Festa is wonderful!

3. Re: Abruzzo 2011

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2010, 06:22
Get answers to your questions about Chieti