We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chiusi car rental near train station

SE Michigan
2 posts
Save Topic
Chiusi car rental near train station

Several years ago, after a wonderful stay in Cortona, we dropped our rental car in Chiusi and took the train to Rome. The car rental office was just across the street from the train station. Does someone remember which car rental company it is? I think it was Avis, but I don't remember for sure. We're headed back this June and and are thrilled to be able to see the first day of trials for the Palio in Siena.

Thanks-

SE Michigan
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

Well, I guess I just answered my own question by reading CHMiss' post of last June. Hertz & Avis are both across Piazza Dante from the train station.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

I don't think Avis is across from station. When I go to avis.com it does not give chiusi as an option.

Hertz does though.

Pittsburgh,PA
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

Hi,

I hope you can help. Was car rental office that is across from the train station Avis or Hertz? I am a little confused as I have seen conflicting information on other sites. We have rented from Europecar but the pick-up location is on Via Cassia Aurelia, which I think is out of town and the agent wasn't sure where it was relative to the train station. Thank you.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

It was Hertz across the street from the station.

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

benv3,

Avis used to be across the street from the station. They moved and Hertz took the spot. Europcar is about a block and a half from the station.

Virginia
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

We are renting from Avis. The say the pickup location is Via Molise, Po Bandino. I spoke AutoEurope and they said the station is about 2 miles from the Rental Car office. Can anyone give me more information? We leave for Italy tomorrow!!

Thanks..

Bowral, Australia
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

We just returned from Italy this week.

Hertz was across the road from Chiusi station.

We rented from Europcar which was about two streets East of the station entrance. The map from Europcar was not accurate and my husband walked for an hour to find the office!

Reply if you want more specific directions.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
72 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

We need to return our rental car in Chiusi, and get a train to Rome. The rental car company that we'd like to go with is Economy Rental Cars. I can't find the address where they are in Chiusi. Anybody know if it's close to the train station? Thanks! Robyn

pennsylvania
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

Lynpa...we have arrangments to pick up car at Europcar in Chiusi also. Would you be so kind as to give walking directions to the office from the train station? The map we have makes the office look quite a bit further from the train station than your experience. I'm thinking the map is not accurate.

By the way RobynPSU....we are all PSU grads here! :)

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chiusi car rental near train station

blkburnmom,

The Europcar office is easy to get to. From the train station front door turn right, walk to the first intersection about 200 meters and turn left. This is Via Cassia Aurelia. The Europe car office is a store front 5 or 6 stores up on the left.