We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Connecticut
Level Contributor
377 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Wwe will be spending a week in Tuscany followed by a cruise out of Venice. We plan to rent a car for a week in Chiusi. We will either fly into Florence and out of Venice, or fly into Rome and out of Venice. Assume it is closer to fly into Florence than Rome since we are staying near Chiusi. Just wondering if there would be several trains daily to Rome, florence and Venice, as this might influence our choice of city airports. How long of a train ride would it be to Venice, and lastly, should we be brave and decide to drive to Venice and drop off the car there, how long of a drive would it be?

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

You can check directly how long take a train for all the town you say in the official site of train trasportation in italy.

The site is www.trenitalia.it and there is the english version too. You can check time and price on it. After if you need to rent a car you can check www.aesserent.it that is the agency I use for rent a car in Tuscany because they are just across the rail station and usually you don't have bad surprise renting with them. Hoping to be helpfull for you,

don't esitate to contact me if you need more information. Is about ten years I used to spend my holidays in Tuscany.

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

To answer your questions (live just up the road from Chiusi).

Flying in to Firenze is certainly more convenient for Chiusi but there are limited flight options, though several a day from London Gatwick on Meridiana's good service. It really isn't that bad (or long) a drive from Roma FCO.

There are trains practically every 60/90 minutes to Rome/Firenze (check time table quoted above for more accuracy) but only one or two a day direct to Venice. Last time we did it it was about 3.5/4 hrs but this included a longish unscheduled wait in Bologna station for the usual reasons only known to Trenitalia! As you don't need a car in Venice, we nowadays always take the train. But if you have time to stop en route, visit the Veneto, etc. it is a very interesting drive. Non stop you could possibly almost beat the train with a car. 6 hrs max say to do it leisurely.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

MaryCetona...I have tried emailing twice to:aesserent@wmail.it but have not received a reply.Can you confirn there email connection.thanks Laurie

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Hi Laurie,

the email address is correct. I am in Italy and I spoke to Sara,the aesse's owner, about your problem.She said that they receive lots of SPAM, so sometimes they don't see the email if in the object there isn't write something about car rental. She said the best thing to do is write trought the contact page in their web site because there is an object they recognize for sure.This is the link

aesserent.it/Rent%20a%20car/…contact.htm

You can write directly to her (usually this is the way I use) to sara@aesserent.it Mary

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Hi Laurie, This morning Sara said to me they answered you but probably you didn't received their email ,so ,they are going to write you back. She is really kind I'm sure you will enjoy your rent with her office. Mary

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Thanks Mary...We are a bit early for this as we are 4 couples travelling together in May 09..We are trying to decide the best approach to go to Montepulciano from the Chiusi train station. We will each have one piece of luggage and if we rent two cars I,m not sure we will have room for everything therefore we are considering hiring a taxi for our luggage and he can direct us all to La Locanda San Francesca in Montepulciano....I will wait for her email...Gracie..Laurie.

Vancouver Canada
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Has anyone else tried aesse rent? I would like to see other opinions and to find out if prices are comparable to autoeurope. There are only 3 responses in their website's guest book and only one contributor to this forum has made any comments on them.

We are in a bind because I had scheduled our arrival in Chiusi for a Saturday afternoon only to find out that all the car rental agencies are closed at 1:00PM. I too have emailed aesserent (twice) with no response. It is difficult to phone them because we have a 9 hour time difference.

My alternative is to cut short our stay in Venice and see if our apartment can be available a day early or find other accommodation for one night.

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

I have tried three times using the email address listed on there web but have not heard from them. I don't think they exist as there web page has been under construction for some time. I will seek another agency in the Chiusi area..Laurie

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

They do exist, there are two people in the office, I've seen them, been in there, spoken to them but they're small and they do open (or more importantly close) at odd times, it's something we've commented on. It's no excuse I realise and I honestly sense everyone's quite understandable frustration as e mail communication is totally the norm nowadays, but it was a bit slower to catch on around here and maybe they are having problems with their server/site. I have a fax number (remember them!!!) if that helps: 39 0578 224191 though they're invariably even more unreliable than e mail. Good luck everyone! Cate

Southern Tuscany
Level Contributor
1,540 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Car rental in Chiusi, then train to Venice

Just filing the card away and I see the e mail address, is this the one you're all trying? simone@aesserent.it