We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

Which Chiusi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

From the previous posts, I understand that the car rental agency closest to the train station is Hertz, which several posts note as being on Piazza Dante. However, hertz.com lists the only Chiusi office as being at Via M. Buonarroti, 21. Is this the same location as the Piazza Dante location, or somewhere else? We really want the one across from the station and need to make sure we book the right one! Thanks.

canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

The Hertz station in Chuiusi is closed. We had a rental we were to return there on May 3rd and found out when arriving to drop off the car it had closed some time in April. We ended up driving the car into Florence and dropping it off there.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

Thanks! So are there now NO car rentals directly across from the train station?? If not, what would be the closest? We are traveling with our two small kids, so need the least hassle in getting from dropping our car off to getting on the train. Any recommendations would be appreciated! Thanks!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
3,166 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

Where are you taking the train too? If you are going to Rome, drop it off at the Termni station, or if Florence, drop it off at the airport.

Orange County, CA
Level Contributor
20 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

We are in Tuscany, before heading to Capri. The original plan was to drop the car in Chiusi, then take the train into Naples. Do you think it would be easier to still drop off in Chiusi, then taxi to the train? Or just take the car into Rome and catch the train there???

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,734 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

dgcrazy,

Via M. Buonarroti, 21 appears to be about a half block from the station. I used Europcar and dropped the kids and bags and spouse at the train station then drove about a block and a half to the office, dropped off the car and walked back, about three minutes.

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

Across the train station there i aesse rent.

www.aesserent.it

I'm talking a lot about them because I used to be aesse's customer and I' m really happy I did.

www.aesserent.it

I still use to spend my time in Cetona, and right now I'm going to rent with them.

Check on the web their fleet...is fantastic

Mary

7. Re: Clarification Needed: Chiusi Train Station/Hertz

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 00:17