We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

nyc
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

Hi, I plan on renting a car from the Chiusi rail station. Hertz seems to have the best rates, but when I try to reserve the car online, it does not offer GPS as an option.

Does anyone know if the Hertz car rental at the Chiusi location offers GPS? I don't want to pay for a car rental and find out when I get there that I can't get a GPS unit.

thank you!

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

Really, it is a good idea to purchase your GPS before you leave home, load it with European maps, and get used to how it works. It's not all that expensive and you end up owning a GPS you can use to navigate around in USA.

Or if you will not be all that long in Italy, just buy the Michelin road atlas. The roads are very well signed.

It may be that Hertz does not offer GPS as an option for that kind of car or for that rental rate.

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

They don't have GPS

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
183 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

If you purchase one at home in the US, most have cigarette lighter power adapters, do all the european cars have cigarette/power outlets that will accept these? I have an adapter that plugs into car cigarette lighter style power outlets, and allows any us style plug to enter into it that I was planning on using for a little netbook I have loaded with GPS and maps and all my routes planned. Just want to make sure I'll always be able to charge it in the car.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,265 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

Car cigarette lighter outlets are the same everywhere.

5. Re: Hertz - Chiusi - GPS?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 November 2009, 07:33