We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

Needham...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

I would like to travel from Chiusi to Rome in July and am having trouble finding which train line I should use. When I put Chiusi in as a station, the site is telling me that there is no such station. Can any one help? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

Try "Chiusi-Chianciano"

Kansas
Destination Expert
for Siena, Montalcino
Level Contributor
3,870 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

lori172,

Are you using http://www.trenitalia.com/

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

It doesn't matter what city name you put in. Schedules change on June 12, and nothing will show for a date after June 11.

Put in the same day of the week for a date before June 11. Schedules change but generally not by much.

Needham...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

thank you ..that worked perfectly. Can you also give me the name I need to use for the main train station in Florence for the web site? I have tried

Firenze Santa Maria Novella

FI CM

but neither worked. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

Just type in "Firenze" and the schedules will note the station of final arrival, as well as all intermediate stations.

Needham...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

again ..thank you so much..that worked perfectly!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,695 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

And if you use http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html in English, you can just type Florence.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Baden
Level Contributor
61 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

I wrote a note earlier today but have another question. We are staying in Chiusi and can get a train to Monterosso but we need one coming back about 10 pm and there's isn't one on Rail Europe. We were told that to drive there would be difficult as the roads are windy and the parking is scarce and very expensive. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
93,811 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

Don't use RailEurope to get information on trains: its information is often incomplete. Use www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

The last train from Chiusi to Monterosso leaves at 16.55. You need to change your plans.

10. Re: Train from Chiusi to Rome in July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2012, 11:18