We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time needed to catch a 12:45 flt from Fumicino - Nice-THX!

Which Chiusi hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lauderdale by the...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Time needed to catch a 12:45 flt from Fumicino - Nice-THX!

On Monday morning July 11 We will be departing Montepulciano to catch a flght out of Fumicino airport. We have a rental car and were planning to drop it off at Fumicino Airport. 1. Do you have any recommendation to minimize stress in making this flight? It looks like the roads to Fumicino would be via the highway that circles Rome-is that asking for trouble?

2. How much time should be allow to make this drive, drop off the rental, and be at the airport with enough time to check-in?

3. Our flight is on Blu Panorama Express to Nice departing Fumicino at 12;45pm. I've never used Blu-Express before, our only other option is later in the day on Easy Jet. Is Blu-express as user friendly and reliable as EasyJet? 3. Is there anything we should know in advance before booking our nonrefundable flights? THANK YOU!!.

Montepulciano, Italy
Level Contributor
5,828 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time needed to catch a 12:45 flt from Fumicino - Nice-THX!

I can't comment on your airlines but I do know the road extremely well as I'm up and down to FCO from this area regularly, sometimes twice a week. For a 12.45 European departure unless you've done an on-line check-in and don't have bags, I guess you'll need to be in the terminal 90 mins before latest. Add another 30 mins for taking the car back, waiting for it to be checked and then walking over to the terminal. So aim to be arriving at FCO around 10.45 latest. To be honest, I have done it from Montepulciano to FCO in under 2 hours but never first thing on a Monday morning when the traffic can be heavy from around Orte south on the A1 and it only takes a small shunt on the GRA (Rome ring road) to bring the road to a standstill. So allow 3 hrs to be on the safe side, maybe 30 mins more to be extra comfortable.

La Canada...
Level Contributor
218 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Time needed to catch a 12:45 flt from Fumicino - Nice-THX!

Have you considered instead driving to San Remo (Avis has location there), dropping your rental car, and continuing to Nice by train (a little over 1 hour)? You will avoid drop off charges to another country.

According to viamichelin, from Montepulciano it's 134 mi. to Fiumicino (2 1/2 hours), or 302 mi. (5 1/4 hours) to San Remo. San Remo to Nice is a little over an hour with a change in Ventimiglia.

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Time needed to catch a 12:45 flt from Fumicino - Nice-THX!

I used Blu panorama several times and it worked good.

4. Re: Time needed to catch a 12:45 flt from Fumicino - Nice-THX!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 06:18