We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter in Chiusi area

Durham, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Easter in Chiusi area

My husband and I will be in the chiusi area for 2 weeks over the Easter holidays, does anyone know of any festivals or events which we could go to over this period?

Thanks, Diane

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
7,299 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easter in Chiusi area

There will be plenty going on as it's Easter (20th) and then Liberation Day (25th April). The best place to go to find out what is on locally is outside the station in the car park where there are huge hoardings advertising all local events in Chiusi itself, nearby Citta della Pieve, Castiglione del Lago, etc. This is how we find out what's happening, we read it on bill stickers on a wall! Good Friday will see lots of processions in the evening - there's a very solemn one up at Cetona. Easter Sunday I seem to remember once coming across a very interesting procession in Chiusi Citta immediately before 11.30 Mass. Easter Monday there will be fairs and sagre in various villages, and the last weekend of April is usually the Cetona garden festival, which is definitely worth going along to.

Durham, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Easter in Chiusi area

Thanks very much for your quick reply and useful information!

3. Re: Easter in Chiusi area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 05:17