We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in the Port

Billericay
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in the Port

I am going to Civitavecchia in Sept on a cruise will only be there for the day & do not want to go to Rome, would rather spend my day on board but to just go ashore for a few hours. Any suggestions of where to wander or possibly shop

Mentioned in this post
Civitavecchia
Civitavecchia
Province of Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
durham
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in the Port

Hi,

Civitavecchia is not a large city by any means. Quite pleasant but its not a cosmopolitan city like say Barcelona. Probably best going in the morning as the shops will close at 1 - 4. The you can enjoy an almost empty ship as everyone else will be pounding the streets of Rome.

Mentioned in this post
Barcelona
Barcelona
Province of Barcelona, Spain
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Billericay
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in the Port

Thanks very much for your post on what to do in the port of Civitavecchia. I shall certainly take your advice and go ashore before 1pm & then enjoy the emptiness of the ship until she sails in the evening.

durham
Level Contributor
148 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in the Port

Hi,

You're welcome. An emptyish ship is my idea of heaven!

florida
Level Contributor
1,560 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in the Port

Is there anything to see/do in this town if one is not interested in shopping? Are the buildings interesting? Is the seaside handsome? Are there any pleasant gardens or walks to take?

Thank you.

5. Re: What to do in the Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 21:20
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia