We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

Just north of...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

Hi, We are going on our honeymoon on a cruise in July and need a hotel for the night before. Which would you suggest we stay at? And why? thanks for your feedback.

Civitavecchia, Italy
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

I do not think either one is a good choiche for cruise travelers. They are not near the port shuttle pick up place and they are not close to any nice area that can be reached by foot. I like the Miramare, as it is walking distance from the port entrance, is right over the sea, in a very nice area closed to traffic (look up for "il pirgo a Civitavecchia"

That's where I would go

Just north of...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

Hi, thanks for your response. I'm sailing on the Norwegian Epic cruise ship. Would this hotel be within walking distance in the port to the ship? Or would there be a better hotel? . I'm new at cruising and was wondering which end of port this ship might be? Thanks. Any other info you can provide would be helpful.

3. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2012, 00:54
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

I suggest you stay in Rome the night before your cruise. There are convenient trains to take you to Civitavecchia, and there's a lot more to do, and better restaurants, in Rome than in Civitavecchia. You probably don't have to be at the port until around 5 PM, so you could spend the evening of your arrival and the following morning in Rome.

Just north of...
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

Hi Smart Cruise... thanks for all your info... so is the 'port exit' the same as the entrance as well? You enter and exit same area or is there a separate entrance and exit? Thanks.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
79 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

Does anyone know of the Hotel Borgo del Mare? We have a reservation there for the fall trip.

Civitavecchia, Italy
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

The are more than one (2 that can be accessed by car and 1 by foot only). The one mentioned here is the one near the free shuttle drop off/pick up point. It is also the one nearest the train station and the nicer walking area in town.

Borgo del Mare is fine, but it is not near anything walking distance (perhaps a long one).

8. Re: Which hotel night before Cruise - Traino or Hotel Traghetto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia