We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Civitavecchia to Rome train

Which Civitavecchia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Preston
Level Contributor
250 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Civitavecchia to Rome train

I land back from my cruise at Civitavecchia on 27th March and have been researching trains to Rome Termini.Then onto Ciampino Airport. I favour the 11.07 Frecciabianca service to Rome Termini as I am a train fan and this train looks good! I assume it leaves from the station I see just adjacent to the cruise terminal on Google Maps? I then plan to get the Terravision coach from Rome Termini to the airport. Job done?!

1. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 13:05
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,174 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

The train stations right next to the port have been closed for many years, though one is still used by a few private trains chartered by Cruise companies.

Civitavecchia station is a ten minutes walk south of the port, located in Viale della Repubblica. This may of course be the one you meant.

3. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 13:05
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

Probably the easiest and cheapest way is to take a local (Regionale) train from Civitavecchia to Trastevere, changing there to another local train to FCO. The total cost is €11.

These trains have no seat reservations and it is pointless buying tickets in advance over the Internet.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,174 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

As Civitavecchia is also a busy commercial port, you are not normally allowed to walk out of the port yourself, but must take a shuttle bus to the sole public exit (unless you take a taxi direct from your ship). It's at least 1.5 km from the exit to Civitavecchia train station.

Sydneynick hasn't noticed that you're going to Ciampino rather than FCO.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,113 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

Sorry. Missed that! Ignore my post.

Preston
Level Contributor
250 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

Thanks for all the information. Greatly appreciated!

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

Can you really catch a taxi from the ship to the railroad station? I mean, will they take you to the rr station since it isn't far away. I have often found that they refuse to take you for short trips.

I don't mind walking but I am with my elderly mother.

Edited: 24 February 2013, 04:18
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,174 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

If you don't get a reply here, maybe ask on boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php…

10. Re: Civitavecchia to Rome train

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Civitavecchia