We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cable Car

Opelika, Al
Level Contributor
23 posts
139 reviews
Save Topic
Cable Car

I read in one travel guide that you can take the cable car up to the top of the mountain, but I cannot find any information on this. Is this available to non-skiiers and non-hikers, so that one can go up, enjoy the view and ride back down?

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
782 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cable Car

Yes, the cable cars are open to all. Here is a website with opening times...

dolomiti.org/dengl/…impianti.html

DD

CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cable Car

Hi, Daisy,

Among all the cable cars, chairlift in the towns like cortina, corvara, canazei,ortisei, could you please name 2-4 of them that provide spectacular view

and should not be missed?

Selva di Val...
Destination Expert
for Province of Trento
Level Contributor
782 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cable Car

In my opinion all provide spectacular views, but then I'm biased!

If I had to choose 3 or 4 of the best though, I'd say

1) Lagazuoi, near Cortina

2) Passo Pordoi

3) Mont Seuc (from Ortisei)

4) Seceda (from Ortisei)

DD

CA
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cable Car

Hi, Daisy

thank you for the quick reply.

got some question about the cortina express bus, I found their schedule ( in italian ) from the following link: dolomiti.org/ita/…venezia.pdf

just want to make sure that

1. the bus depart venice mestre station at 1630 and arrive cortina at 1600 on Monday? (TUTTI IGIORNI = everyday?)

2.My flight will arrive Venice at 0900 on 7 Sept (Monday) and I am planning to take the bus to cortina on the same day. Do I need to make a reservation in advance? how?(couldn't find their website, sent email to them and no response )

If no, where could I buy the tickets on 7 Sept ? ATVO bus station in venice? ( ATVO website only shows a bus departs in the morning and it seems the cortina express is a different company)

3. Is it Possible to check in my baggage several hours before the departure time so that I could do some sightseeing in venice?

Thanks!

5. Re: Cable Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Cortina d'Ampezzo