We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train transfer in Fortezza

Brisbane australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Train transfer in Fortezza

We will be coming by train from Vienna in January and have a 6 minute transfer time at Fortezza to catch the train to Brunico. I cannot buy the regional train ticket in advance. Can anyone advise the current cost of the ticket from Fortezza to Brunico and if I will have any chance of buying the tickets at the station in the 6 minutes? I have read that there is a ticket machine there, but if anyone has any info I would be grateful.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Train transfer in Fortezza

I've no idea either, as this information isn't online.

But trains from Fortezza to Brunico are every 30 minutes for most of the day http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html so if you don't make your desired connection, you still won't have too long to wait.

And you can work out the approximate fare from the information here www.sii.bz.it/en/tickets/suburban-ticket given that the distance is around 33 km.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train transfer in Fortezza

Are your train tickets booked. You do know there are 2 routes from Vienna which take ~ same time (~ 8hrs) and 2 changes.

The alternative route is over Lienz in Ost tirol & San Candido.

www.oebb.at for Austrian rail

Brisbane australia
Level Contributor
41 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train transfer in Fortezza

Thanks for that. I was only asking the cost because I have come across those ticket machines before where the card option and the banknotes option aren't operating, and you need coins. So I was hoping to have enough coins ready!

yes we have booked already via Innsbruck. got a good deal on Austrian rail, but could only ticket as far as Bressanone. That gives us a few options to get to Corvara where we are staying.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,506 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train transfer in Fortezza

If you also have to buy a ticket in Bressanone, they may be able to ticket you through to Brunico.

5. Re: Train transfer in Fortezza

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2013, 10:19
Get answers to your questions about Corvara in Badia