We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capo Colonna Info, Please

Which Crotone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Capo Colonna Info, Please

I'm in Crotone---central---and I kinda need to squeeze in Capo Colonna either Sunday or early Monday morning.

Is it open both days and if so how early?

I saw a bus listing from the Tribunal but don't know if it's current or includes winter season.

Any info will help.

Thanks!

Edited: 28 December 2013, 22:00
5 replies to this topic
Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
773 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Capo Colonna Info, Please

Go please to

www.autolineeromano.com/n/urb/urbano.pdf

at sheet no 3, line 13 (a few trips a day) get to Capo Colonna; timetable is valid since 15 September to 15 June.

About the archeological site

…beniculturali.it/archeovirtualtour/…

(for English language, click on the button "translate")

it seems that access to the column is open, while other areas are fenced because excavations are underway.

I wasn't able instead to find the opening times of the archaeological museum which is on the site.

I think the best thing to do is to make an inquiry in the form (only in Italian)

http://www.crotoneturismo.it/contattaci.asp

I suggest you use a very plain plain English, because I have doubts about the linguistic abilities of those who could answer

Brun066

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
773 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Capo Colonna Info, Please

Sorry, I just now saw that your question was about this Sunday and Monday. So, for ask the Tourism Board it's too late, but maybe you can still visit the site

Brun066

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Capo Colonna Info, Please

Bruno, Thank you for responding. I took city bus at 6.40 am to the site and saw what I wanted to see. Bus is infrequent, but I had a taxi my B&B uses, they picked me up at the Capo took me to B&B to collect luggage and then took me to train station at a modest price. So...I have only nice things to say about Crotone!!

Sicily, Italy
Level Contributor
134 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Capo Colonna Info, Please

btw...You can see the magna grecia column and other sites without entering the park. The park opens at 9, but the guy with the keys arrived and opened it up at 7.45 so I went right in!

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
3,983 posts
773 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Capo Colonna Info, Please

Dear Aint

I'm glad to know your excursion was successful!

Best wishes

Brun066

Reply to: Capo Colonna Info, Please
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Crotone