We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Familia Cavallini

Mississippi
1 post
Save Topic
Familia Cavallini

In 1976, I met a wonderful family that lived on Via Messina. The Grandmother was a friend of mine from Michigan, and I was astounded when I found her living back in Italy along with her husband and family. Her son/daughter had three children: Manuel, Hilde, and I think Daniella... The parents worked in Germany, only to visit the Grandparents who cared for the children while they were away...

I would love to renew the acquaintance with whoever is left there, if any, of these wonderful folks. We plan to come to Crotone in the near future for a holiday...

That brings me to the second subject... When is there ever a vacancy at Costa Tiziana? I inject dates into the calendar, but never have any available rooms... Is there an Expedia problem, or are they always booked full?

Thank you very much for the response(s)...

Fred in Mississippi

Philadelphia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Familia Cavallini

I lived in Crotone for 1 1/2 years. I can assure you that the hotels are not fully booked. Therefore, I think the best thing for you to do is call the hotel directly. I think the best hotel in Crotone is Casa Rossa. Try giving them a call first; you won't be disappointed.

california
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Familia Cavallini

we plan to travel to crotone in march 2006. could you give us some tips on the area. dining, b&b's or hotels, maybe even hostels. my husband was stationed here in the military in the 60"s. wants to return loking for a family as you did. hope you can help. thank you penny

Portland
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Familia Cavallini

If you go on www.paginebianche.it and search the last name together with the town you will get two results, as certain Clotilde and another named Viviano. They might not be family members as many youngsters in Italy have gone north in Italy to find jobs. But you could give it a try...

california
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Familia Cavallini

We are planning a trip to crotone to look for a family that my husband met while in the military. sounds like your trip was successful. everything i've read said this area is very depressed. Can you tall me about the city? did you take the train from rome? hope to hear from you asap. We are planninga trip in May 2006,

eg7
Brussels, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Familia Cavallini

Hello!

I am from Crotone and I lived there until I was 18. Crotone is a beautiful city with art and culture dating back to “Magna Graecia”. Pythagoras established his school there. The coastline is a protected marine area. Capo Piccolo, Capo Cimiti, Capo Rizzuto are beaches of astounding beauty. The Sila mountains are less than an hour away by car.

The only problem that I can think of is that local people don't have the same entrepreneurial mentality as in Tuscany or Umbria. Some still think in terms of “let’s rip off the tourist”. You’ll hardly find English speakers outside your hotel. That’s why I suggest you to choose a resort and to use guided tours to explore the territory. Don’t forget the archeological sites in Capo Colonna and the National Archeological Museum. In the evening, take a walk on the Lungomare in Crotone through the magnificent Villa Comunale. Visit Le Castella, small fishermen’s town that at night turns into one of the centers of nightlife. Go as far as Botricello and Soverato if you’re looking for more bars, restaurants and clubs.

There are other beautiful resorts that you may want to check out (besides the ones that you have mentioned in Crotone):

Hotel Club “Le Castella”

hotelbenessere.it/Applicazioni/…

Villaggio Valtur Capo Rizzuto

http://www.valtur.it/villaggio/caporizzuto/

those are my all-time favorites.

Get answers to your questions about Crotone