We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice to Diano Marina by train

7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice to Diano Marina by train

My wife and I are due to travel from Nice to Diano Marina in a couple of weeks. We are staying in central Nice for 1 night on our arrival and again before coming home to Ireland. Both of us have some walking difficulties and I'm a little concerned about getting our luggage on to the train. Are there many steps up onto the trains? Your advice would be appreciated.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,695 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice to Diano Marina by train

Getting onto the lower deck of the trains from Nice to Ventimiglia shouldn't be too bad, though as I write this I'm conscious that you don't notice the difficulties if you don't have an issue yourself. But avoid the upper deck.

Getting onto the train at Ventimiglia is slightly more of a stretch, but at least once you are on the train there is plenty of room, compared to manoevring baggage in the more cramped French double-deck trains.

The worst part of this journey for you is likely to be changing platforms at Ventimiglia. It's not inevitable you will have to do this, but it's much more likely than not. In which case you have a flight of stairs down to the pedestrian tunnel under the tracks, and another flight up. No lifts or escalators.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice to Diano Marina by train

Thank you so much for your very helpful response. I may decide on taking the bus as an alternative. Can you advise if both the airport and local buses are equipped to take luggage.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
31,695 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice to Diano Marina by train

The 99 direct bus from Nice Airport to Nice Ville station is equipped for luggage.

The twice a day Volpi bus from Nice Airport to Imperia http://www.volpibus.com/orari.asp/l/50 is the only feasible bus alternative and is equipped for luggage, but the local buses from Imperia to Diano Marina are not (though it wouldn't be too far a taxi ride).

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice to Diano Marina by train

Thank you so much for your very helpful response. I may decide on taking the bus as an alternative. Can you advise if both the airport and local buses are equipped to take luggage.

7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice to Diano Marina by train

Thank you very much.

6. Re: Nice to Diano Marina by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2012, 23:16
Get answers to your questions about Diano Marina
Recent Conversations