We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Residence il borgo

Dublin
2 posts
Save Topic
Residence il borgo

Hi, We am going to finale ligure in July for two weeks. There are 4 adults and 2 5 yos. We are looking at staying at Residence il borgo which is in San Bernadino. Has anyone come accross this place?

Any suggestions for good restaurants or bars(if any?) !

Ronser

Krakow
Level Contributor
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Residence il borgo

hi we are going there in August, so when you come back, give us a few words about il borgo residence and about aroud (bar restaurant, you know) maybe you can send me some pictures

piotr

Krakow, Poland

Mentioned in this post
Krakow
Krakow
Lesser Poland Province, Poland
Vicenza, Italy
Level Contributor
81 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Residence il borgo

S. Bernardino is about a 15 min drive up the hill from Finale. If you are getting around by car I would plan on eating at one of the smaller villages on the way up to S. Bernardino or go to Finalborgo.

The area is a big rock climbing and Mt. Bike destination so a if you are looking for good local food stop by one of the bike shops or ask the guys in the Rockstore in Finaleborgo,.(there is a great cafe and ice cream shop right in the square). Along the beach front I have yet to find a place I would reccommend it is always hit and miss.

If you are doing a beach trip (the Residence has a pool if I remember) the main beach in Final is great because of the public showers. But for a youngest Varigotti is nice but you have to get there early and there are some stairs to get down. Otherwise go a bit up the road to Noli and just before you enter the town there is a nice beach that younger kids can play and in the later afternoon there is shape to the far right side. (parking is your only problem). There are a couple of good places to eat seafood along the way so if the almost 3 years agrees to it is would make a nice late afternoon early evening night out.

Hope this helps

Mentioned in this post
Finalborgo
Finalborgo
Finale Ligure, Italy
Varigotti
Varigotti
Finale Ligure, Italy
Noli
Noli
Italian Riviera, Italy
Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Residence il borgo

I, too, will be in Finale Ligure for the week 22nd to 29th July. So far I have not found out much about the place except Finaleborgo sounds very nice.

My two children are adults so bars are more important than beaches! I have a full programme of trips to villages planned by train so that I can enjoy a convivial lunch.

Dublin
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Residence il borgo

Thanks for the tips about the beach. It sure does sound nice but the residence in san bernadino sound a bit further up the hill than I expected. I guess thew views will be spectacular!

Any ideas on how bad the mosquietos are?

It seems difficult to find much information on the Residence or the local villages.

Ronser

Warwick, United...
Level Contributor
205 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Residence il borgo

Try this:

www.borghitalia.it/html/borgo_en.php…

6. Re: Residence il borgo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Finale Ligure
More Finale Ligure Topics