We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

malta
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Topic
Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

Hi all,

I will be travelling to Pisa next week. I would like to visit Cinque Terre by ferry. Unfortunately the Golfo dei Poeti ferries don't run from Pisa in september, so I guess that the nearest point then will be Forte dei Marmi for departure.

We will be travelling from Pisa by train. Can anyone please tell me if the "pontile" from where the ferries part in Forte dei Marmi is far away from the train station?

Many thanks,

Claire

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
983 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

From the train station in Forte dei Marmi to the 'Pontile' is over 3.5km.

malta
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

So you don't suggest walking it?

How long would it take (time) to walk it?

If you don't suggest it, do you know how can we arrive at "il Pontile" from the train station? We will be having a 3 year old with us, and the ferry leaves at 9.30.

I really hope we don't miss it because of wrong time calculations?

THANK YOU. Please advice!

Savannah, GA
Level Contributor
1,874 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

I'd spring for a taxi from the train station to the pontile. Otherwise, your youngster will be tired before your adventure begins.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

from Pisa also easy cheap train to La Spezia into

the CT/Manarola beutiful journey in case ferry difficulties usually more problematic for me...

5. Re: Il Pontile (Cinque Terre) PLEASE

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 09:28
Get answers to your questions about Forte Dei Marmi