We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

italian cigarettes

saltburn
Level Contributor
89 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
italian cigarettes

anyone know makes of italian cigarettes and how much they are?

UK
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: italian cigarettes

I'm not a smoker.... Going back to the 1960s, I remember that any Italian who could get foreign cigarettes would always go for the foreign ones... and they always cost lots more. The Italian cigarettes were not liked. If you were travelling, the best thing you could bring back as a gift for an Italian smoker was a 'stick' of foreign cigarettes... !

I'm not sure, but I think the cheap Italian ones were called 'Nazionali'.... most people seemed to buy 'Malborough' but I think they were American.

It's not my place to suggest you drop the habit... but, in view of the costs and health risks, it does seem like a good idea !

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
29,950 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: italian cigarettes

www.aams.it/site.php… should give you the state-controlled price of every brand of cigarette sold in Italy. But you won't find most of them in your local tobacconist.

3. Re: italian cigarettes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 05:28