We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train fares to Venice from Garda

Which Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Train fares to Venice from Garda

Hi

We are staying in Garda in early June and note from previous posts that we can get the train to Venice from Peschiera and wondered if anyone could tell us the approx costs.

Many thanks.

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train fares to Venice from Garda

you can look up the fares and times on the Trenitalia website

select a date a few days in the future but not after the 12th of June, not all trains are posted.

If you take a regional train, least expensive but takes longer

the ES city, a little faster and hence more money, but you will have an assigned seat unlike the regional train.

You want to select a train that arrives at VE SL. ( Venice Santa Lucia), Mestre (Venice) is on the mainland.

buy your tickets in Italy, it's very easy to do at the train station

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

good luck!

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,309 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train fares to Venice from Garda

Use the aforementioned website to check timetable.

As a general rule in italy there are 2 types of train. Regional and Eurostar/EC Intercity. The Eurostar type although being faster are quite often twice as expensive as regional.

As an example Peschiera to Venice

Regional - 1h54m €7.90 single

Eurostar - 1h27m €18.50 single

There are more ES/EC trains than Regional ones on this link so your choice of cheaper trains is restricted.

When I use trains in Italy I generally turn up and buy a ticket for the next train. Pot luck if it is ES or Regional

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,729 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train fares to Venice from Garda

DON'T FORGET to add the cost of the bus between Garda and Peschiera: 2.30 Euros each way with "Tariffa 3" (brown color ticket).

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

Bristol
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Train fares to Venice from Garda

hi

Many thanks for all your most helpful replies. It is so helpful to have information like this before we go. Trip Advisor scores ten out of ten again ! I am sure I will be asking for some more advice before we depart.

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,002 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train fares to Venice from Garda

Just remember (for added flexibility) you can also use the alternate routing via Verona instead of Peschiera i.e. train from venice to verona, hence bus to Garda (same bus whose timetable was linked in a previous post).

6. Re: Train fares to Venice from Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Garda
Recent Conversations