We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Garda; days out to Milan, Flornece and Venice

Which Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Harwich, Essex
Level Contributor
167 posts
219 reviews
Save Topic
Garda; days out to Milan, Flornece and Venice

I am going to Lake Garda in May staying at Hotel Eden in Garda. I'd prefer not to do the optional excursions provided by the travel firm but would like to visit Florence, Milan & Venice (trips offered by the travel co.) does anyone know how I can do this as I cannot find which train station is nearest the hotel. thanks

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,272 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Garda; days out to Milan, Flornece and Venice

The nearest Train Station is Peschiera, not too far from Garda Town,

Venice and Milan and not too bad to get too, but feel Florence is too far for a day trip to do it justice

lancs
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Garda; days out to Milan, Flornece and Venice

yes you need to get an early bus to peschiera, even on the train its a fair trip.

Dont forget to clip your ticket before getting on the train..also as you get on the bus.

a waterbus in venice will take you to st marks square....again a fair trip so this is why you need to allow plenty of time

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
9,728 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Garda; days out to Milan, Flornece and Venice

Bear in mind the following.

By public transport you will need to take the 62-64 Bus. It takes about 30mins to get from Garda to the train station at Peschiera

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

If you take the more cheaper (but slower) Regional trains it will take about 2hrs to get to Venice. Cost €8 single (Eurostar 1h15 but €20 single)

So coming back the last bus from Peschiera to Garda departs 19:30

That means you have to get the last Regional train at 17:05

www.trenitalia.com for trains

If you miss the bus you will need a taxi. Taxi Peschiera have taxis on the rank at Peschiera train station often until late. Some of their operators speak english. A taxi to Garda will cost about €26+(to about €30)

Edited: 08 April 2011, 08:39
4. Re: Garda; days out to Milan, Flornece and Venice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 23:16