We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

We plan to visit Lake Garda in early May-special b/day. Think Bardolino may suit us. Prefer an lakeside Italian style hotel with nice rooms with balconies. B&b is fine as hope to try the various restaurants, assuming they will be open that early in the season. Also I suspect any hotel pools are unheated so is it usually too cold to swim at this time of year. Thanks in anticipation.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

There are a few lakeside hotels in Bardolino. There is a smallish B&B just along the lakeside path towards Cisano. It always looks really nice, no pool but a big garden and it gets very reviews. Its about a 15/20 minute stroll to the centre.

http://www.hcampagnola.com/en/

I can highly recommend the Bellevue Hotel, closer to the centre on the lakeside. Its part of he Du Lac hotel but is a completely separate building which only has bedrooms and a breakfast room/garden. The rooms are spacious and quiet with wonderful lake views. The pool and other facilities are at the Du Lac next door.

www.hotel-du-lac-et-bellevue-bardolino.it/

Others on the lakeside are:

http://www.hotelkriss.it/eng/index.cfm

http://www.hotelvillaletizia.com/

www.hotel-nettuno-bardolino.it/en/index.php

We have been quite a few times in early/mid May and have always had generally nice sunny warm days, with just the odd showery day but you can never be sure - it could just as easily be cool and wet.

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

Tepore, Thank you very much for your reply to my post. The property that fits the image in my mind is the Villa Letizia. I particularly wanted a room with some view of the lake and they do not have one available for my dates. The hotel Pace in Sirmione looks very nice and they have a room. Do you have any info on that hotel ? Seems to get good reviews.....

UK
Level Contributor
349 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

I can also recommend the Hotel Bellvue, stayed there last September and liked it so much we are going again this year.

I believe next door to the Bellvue are a few s/c apartments also owned by the Du Lac/Bellvue. Have a look on their website, they may suit. The pool at Du Lac is heated.

S

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,080 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

Hi welshladyb, what dates are you wanting? The Villa Letizia seem to have rooms available for early/mid May.

Sorry don't know anything about the Hotel Pace in Sirmione. Sirmione is as easy to get around from as Bardolino using public transport. There is a direct bus service to Desenzano, Peschiera and Verona but for visiting anywhere up the west or east side of the lake you would need two buses. The ferry services in May will be also on a cut-down timetable, so it might be worth thinking about where you want to visit before making any bookings.

UK
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

Thanks Tepore and Suzywillows. As we want to use the flight from Bristol on 4th May we have to book with Thomson/Crystal as they have the whole flight. No lake view rooms at the Letizia with them. We are now looking at Garda and the Miralago on the lake front. Very small hotel with a lake view room available. Have been in touch with a member who visited last year and her feedback was good. Thanks again for your time.

6. Re: Small Lakeside hotel - Bardolino

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 07:17