We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

Which Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

Hi everyone,

I'll spend a week near Garda with family in late August. Unfortunately, my team (Chelsea) plays my uncle's team (Bayern) on August 30th in the Super Cup (Champions league winner vs. Europa League winner) and we'd give a limb to be able to watch it together in Garda...

Does anyone know of any bars/pubs in Garda or the Garda area that have a history of showing non-Italian football matches? Since so many Germans spend their holidays at the Gard Lake, I am sure they can't afford not to show it...

Another question is whether it is on Italian TV at all...

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Best

Phil

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,345 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

Hi, German football matches are often shown at Lake Garda so you *may* be in luck.

One place to try in the old part of town is La Meta Caffé - it's on the corner of Via San Giovanni and Via Antiche Mura.

On the lake path between Garda and Bardolino are several small bars/cafes, and if they are showing matches they will have notices outside. Take a walk along the day before to see if they are advertising the match or go in and ask.

lancs
Level Contributor
96 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

there is also the Pegaso bar on the Via Abrile (near post office)

Level Contributor
80 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

Thanks guys, I'll check those out.

If anyone else has other tips, please do share - I want to make 100% sure I get to see this match...

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

At the Bardolino end of the lakeside path from Garda, the bar Relax advertises that they have live transmissions of football matches on Sky.

5. Re: Bars/pubs showing international football in Garda?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Garda
Recent Conversations