We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which town?

Which Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wiltshire
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Which town?

Planning a 3 day stop at one of the towns with a rail station to break up my trip between Lecco and Misano Adriatico in September.

It seems my choice is either Desenzano or Peschiera?

Which would you recommend as a base and for seeing some of the rest of the lake?

Italy
Level Contributor
6,041 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which town?

I prefer Desenzano.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,450 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which town?

Hi, both towns are good for a short stay and I don't think you'd be disappointed with either.

If you are planning to use the buses as well as the boats to travel around then it's worth noting that the bus service on the east side of the lake is better than the west side.

This is the boat timetable for this summer which will give you an idea of which other towns you can visit easily by boat:

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…201.pdf

This may help with your decision:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g194965-i2087-k3…

Or you can compare the towns on this site:

lakegarda-exclusively.co.uk/Lake-Garda-Touri…

lakegarda-exclusively.co.uk/Lake-Garda-Touri…

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
301 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which town?

Thanks both

On the basis of tossing a coin, I've gone for Desenzano and booked Albergo Moniga

Although if its a hovel, I can cancel without penalty - it gets ok reviews on here for what it is

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,450 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which town?

Great location and, from the photos on here and its own web site, it doesn't look like a hovel!

It also gets good reviews on www.booking.com

5. Re: Which town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2014, 03:16