We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

Which Garda hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

Please advice

Where to stop for 2 nights on Lake Garda ( coming in middle of may)?

Is the town Malcesine good for that? Or Sirmion?

Looking for a town that has an easy public connection from Verona and to Brescia/Bergamo

Thank you

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

Hi, if you are only going for two nights and need to have easy transport options then Peschiera del Garda or Desenzano del Garda would be suitable. Both are at the south of the lake and have train stations on the Venice/Verona/Milan line. There's also a bus service from these towns to Verona and Brescia:

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN026.pdf

Getting to Malcesine would mean more travel time as it is quite far north.

Sirmione is on the bus route, but if you are travelling by train you would need to get to either Peschiera or Desenzano.

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

Thanks for your advice.

What do you think about those 2 options?

Arrive to Verona in the morning (leave baggage in the storage), do sightseeing and leave for 2 nights to one of the towns on L.Garda.

Or

Staying in Verona for 2 nights and do a day trip to L.G. (Sirmion and towns near by)

I read your response with ideas on spending time on a day trip on L.G.

And another question would you recommend to use “City Sightseeing Verona - 2 Hop On - Hop Off Routes “ for our 1st day in Verona?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,204 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

Staying for two night is just one full day, so basically you want a full day in Verona then a full day at Lake Garda. It's a lot of moving around for not much time in either place. Perhaps you should choose one or the other whichever appeals to you more. If I HAD to choose one of your options I would choose the first one.

As for the second question, I don't think the Hop-on-hop-off bus is necessary in Verona. The city is compact and all the main sites are within walking distance of each other. I would rather walk and explore it than see it all from a bus.

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

Thank you.

So, if we stay on Lake Garda for 2 nights, which town would you recomend to stay in?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,354 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

I would also choose your first option. For just two nights make is as quick and easy as possible. If you stay in Peschiera del Garda you can easily get the bus or ferry to Sirmione and/or other nearby towns such as Garda, Bardolino or Lazise.

Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

I thank you very much.

I am making reservation for a place in Perschiera.

7. Re: Staying 2 nights in the area of Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 March 2015, 05:16