We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 destination holiday - Venice and Lake Garda - any advice??

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
2 destination holiday - Venice and Lake Garda - any advice??

Hi , I am planning a holiday in July 2013 and have been to travel agent to get a quote for travel from UK to Venice, then 4 nights in Venice, transfer to Lake Garda and 5 nights in Lake Garda then travel back to UK from Verona. Can anyone who has done this without going through an agent give any tips and advice on best mode of transport from Venice to Lake Garda - have tried to check online but they have no details of transfers in July until May! Would like to book independently but feel a little nervous so all advice welcome!

Many thanks

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,216 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 destination holiday - Venice and Lake Garda - any advice??

Hi, I haven't done this personally but you can take a train from Venice to Desenzano which is at the south-west of Lake Garda. Have a look at Trenitalia to get an idea of frequency and cost, but use a date in the next week or two as it won't show all the options if the date is too far ahead. The stations are Venezia S. Lucia and Desenzano del Garda-Sirmione

www.trenitalia.com/cms/v/index.jsp…

From Desenzano you can take a bus (or taxi) up to Gardone. This is the bus timetable:

trasportibrescia.it/upload/…LN027.pdf

Which hotel will you be going to in Gardone? They may offer a transfer service from the station.

Evesham, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 destination holiday - Venice and Lake Garda - any advice??

Many thanks. Scozzese - I will look into the links you sent.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,216 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 destination holiday - Venice and Lake Garda - any advice??

As you posted this in the Gardone forum I'm assuming that's where you're going, but, just in case you haven't already booked your hotel at Lake Garda, it's actually easier to get to Verona from the east side of the lake for your return flight.

4. Re: 2 destination holiday - Venice and Lake Garda - any advice??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2014, 18:15
Get answers to your questions about Gardone Riviera