We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Garda - markets

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Garda - markets

Hi.

I will be in Lake Garda - Gardone Riviera town from 8.09 - 14.092.13. I would like to ask if there are any fruit and vegetables markets in this area during the week?

On top of that is there any shopping centre outside of Milan near Airport Linate and are the sops open on Sunday in Italy ?

Thank you...

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Garda - markets

Hi, there are a couple of markets that travel around the lake and are in a different town each day but they don't travel to many of the towns on the west side of the lake. The markets are quite large and have a huge variety of things on sale, not just fruit and veg.

It's in Desenzano on Tuesdays from 8.00am - 12.30pm.

Limone on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, 7.00am - 1.00pm

Toscolano/Maderno on Thursdays, 7.00am - 1.30pm

You could cross to the other side of the lake by boat to visit one of the others:

Mondays:

Peschiera, 8.00am - 2.00pm and Torri del Benaco, 8.00am - 1.30pm

Wednesdays:

Riva, 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month, 8.00am - 2.00pm, Lazise, 8.00am - 2.00pm

Thursday:

Bardolino, 8.00am - 12.30pm

Friday:

Garda, 8.00am - 1.00pm

Saturday:

Malcesine, 8.00am - 2.00pm

This is the boat timetable (the passenger boats will take you to most of the towns):

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…201.pdf

To get to Torri del Benaco you can travel as a foot passenger on the car ferry between Maderno and Torri:

navigazionelaghi.it/file2/…202013.pdf

Shops are generally open on Sundays. Sorry but I can't answer your question about shopping centres near Milan. Hopefully someone who does know will answer or you could ask again on the Milan forum.

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Garda - markets

Thank you for your exhaustive information about markets. I really appreciate it. We certainly visit at least one of them.

My second questions was about shopping centre near Milan. We will be driving from Milan Linate to Gardone Riviera on Sunday morning. Our hotel will be ready at 4pm. in the afternoon. Is there any place you would suggest or recommend to stop between Milan and Gardone Riviera on Sunday between 11.00 - 16.00. It could be a nice restaurant, park shopping centre or something worth to stop to use our time before we will be able to bring our luggage to the hotel ?

Thank you.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,041 posts
1,710 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Garda - markets

Gardone il a little town, there is also a small supermarket and a weekly market on Friday in the Centre

There aren't shopping centre near Linate, but, going to Gardone you coul go to Orio al Serio shopping Center

www.oriocenter.it that's open on Sunday

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,664 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Garda - markets

Hi, there's a shopping mall at Desenzano. Scroll down for details:

desenzanoitaly.com/shopping_desenzano_del_ga…

Or you could stop in the town of Bergamo for a few hours. The Città Alta is worth a visit:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Attraction_Review-g187830-…

frommers.com/destinations/…0736010002.html

It's always worth asking your hotel if you could leave your luggage there even if your room won't be ready.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 11:13
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,418 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Garda - markets

Must say I think the markets I have been too on Lake Garda are tthe best I have seen in m travelss around Italy,

Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Garda - markets

Thank you to all for giving interesting ideas :-). Have a great day !!!

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lake Garda - markets

There is a really nice shopping centre about 10 mins from Desenzano close to Lonato and just off the motorway

http://www.illeonedilonato.com/it/index.php

It is much bigger and better than the one actually in Desenzano, which is really not very nice. Il Leone is bright and spacious, loads of free car parking and some good restaurants.

Edited: 04 September 2013, 12:02
Dublin
Level Contributor
79 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Garda - markets

That sounds good, thank you :-)

9. Re: Lake Garda - markets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 21:15
Get answers to your questions about Gardone Riviera
Recent Conversations