We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Verona airport to gardone riviera

Which Gardone Riviera hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Travel from Verona airport to gardone riviera

Was wondering if anyone can help. I have booked a trip at the end of this month to visit the gardone riviera at the savoy palace hotel but it does not include transfers from Verona airport(VRN).can anyone suggest any good travel routes?

So far I'm aware to getting the shuttle bus from the air port to Verona Puerto nouva- the main Verona train station n then getting a train to desenzano and from there a bus (nl027) to gardone, but I was wondering if it would be easier to get a bus straight from the airport to a ferry port on the lake and get a ferry to gardone? Or any recommendations on any travel routes to gardone? The current route seems to involve lots of changes and costs are difficult to calculate.

Thanks Laylah

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,585 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Verona airport to gardone riviera

You can't get a bus direct from the airport to the lake, you have to take the shuttle bus into Verona first. As Scozzese asked in your other post, what time will you arrive at Verona airport? You could take the train to Desenzano or Peschiera del Garda then the ferry, but as you will see from the timetable below this could be a long journey.

navlaghi.it/g_download/…20primavera.pdf

There are also some restrictions on taking luggage on board ferries, see the second page of the fares chart. Ferries do get very busy at certain times of the day.

navlaghi.it/g_download/…20eng.pdf

London, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Verona airport to gardone riviera

My flight lands at Verona airport at 1.35 pm so maybe i will be out of the airport by 2pm.

Does the shuttle bus from the airport take you to the Train station called Verona Porta Nuova?

Thank you so much for your help and the links you have posted.

From Desenzano, which do you think is better to get to Gardone, ferry or bus?

Thanks

Laylah

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,585 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Verona airport to gardone riviera

You would have to be very lucky to get out of the airport by 2pm, even if your flight is on time. The first ferry you would be able to catch from Desenzano isn't until 17:10, there is one earlier at 14:55 but allowing for bus/train connections you may or may not arrive in time for that one. Its probably best to leave your decision until you arrive in Desenzano, depending on what the time is.

4. Re: Travel from Verona airport to gardone riviera

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2015, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about Gardone Riviera
Recent Conversations