We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Gdańsk
14 posts
Save Topic
Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Hello !

At first - sorry for my English, I'm from Poland and I'm still learning :) Hope You understand me.

I'm going for 2 weeks to Sicily (i'm so excited) on May 16-30, with my girlfriend. We will be staying in Giardini Naxos, Baia Degli Dei hotel. I was reading informations from this forum about beaches, how to go to Taormina, about trips (Etna, Lipari Island etc.), but i can't find info about traveling to Cefalu and Agrigento region (especially we are interested of "Scala dei Turchi") from Giardini Naxos. So , I have a question about a car - it is good idea to rent a car for 3 days ? Maybe better way to go there is a train or bus? I'm sure it's cheaper idea, but what about of travel time e.g. to Cefalu ? It's possible to get there and come back in one day, by a train or a bus? And to Agrigento too ?

Beforehand - thanks for help :)

Again, sorry for my mistakes ......forgive me :)

Greetings,

Jarosław Skrzypek, Poland - Gdańsk

Gdańsk
14 posts
Save Reply
21. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

WOW !

Now I'm sure that we gonna use Società Cooperativa Gruppo Guide Alpine Etna Sud’s, it's the best option, not only for us, for EVERYONE.

Thank You very much !

If You ever be in Poland Vagabonda, especially north part :P i will be Your personal guide :) Just write here: "szeryf1001@wp.pl"

Regards :)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,587 posts
Save Reply
22. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Ciao Jogi7777 – Thank you so much for your generous offer!! Family has visited Poland three times and loved Poland, its people, and the food. I have a good friend from Kraków and hope to visit someday!!

If you can get yourself to Rifugio Sapienza, and would like a long trek on Etna, Società Cooperativa Gruppo Guide Alpine Etna Sud’s trek is very rewarding. Be sure to visit on a good weather day – Wishing you wonderful views and a great experience….

The best-

Vagabonda

Gdańsk
14 posts
Save Reply
23. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Hi :)

Gdańsk is also nice as Kraków :)

I was reading Your posts that on Etna weather has changed on every minute.

I would like to be a lucky man, if weather will be good.

Thank You so much !

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,587 posts
Save Reply
24. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Ciao - Be prepared. Dress in layers – Polartec-fleece; windbreaker-mac; high, warm socks; trekking boots or very sturdy shoes; scarf (protection from fumes); and some even wear hats, and gloves.

Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, water and snacks.

It can be cold and windy, but if the sun shines, it can also be warm. Clouds can roll in unbelievably quickly.

Enjoy!

Vagabonda

Gdańsk
14 posts
Save Reply
25. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

I believe that i can rent a jacket and maybe shoes from EtnaGuide.

I don't have a place in my bag for trekking boots, jacket e.g.

Regards :)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,587 posts
Save Reply
26. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Ciao Jogi7777 – Yes, there are jackets and boots to borrow, but send an email to confirm, especially if you would need a special size.

Vagabonda

Gdańsk
14 posts
Save Reply
27. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Thank You again :)

All right ! Let's start a paradise holidays :D

Bye Bye :)

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
103,587 posts
Save Reply
28. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

Bye Bye Jogi7777 – Buon Viaggio!

Vagabonda

29. Re: Giardini Naxos - some questions.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2010, 07:16