We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Swindon, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Hello,

I am landing in catania Airport on a sunday at 11.50am and need to get to Giardini Naxos. What is the best way? the direct bus doesnt seem to have good times and car hire seems to have a bad reputation.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,448 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Welcome to Sicily HannahKimM!

When?

The direct Interbus service is the most convenient public transport.

Otherwise, take the AMT Alibus 457 from the airport to Catania, and then take the train or Interbus from Catania to Giardini Naxos, or Recanti depending on the location of your hotel.

The times for Interbus from Catania may not be any better than from the airport.

Or perhaps arrange a private transfer.

Vagabonda

Edited: 13 February 2014, 15:16
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Anyone stayed at Alba 12 villa at Giardini Naxos & any handy comments or tips please good or bad !!!?? Cheets

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,448 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Since reviews are lacking, contact the owners or booking agent and request reviews from former guests, and a list of contacts.

Vagabonda

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Thankyou, I tried that & they tell me it is the first time they have listed it ? It is with Emma Villas, any other way of finding reviews,from previous guests? we don't want to find out negative things when w get there !!! Cheers

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,448 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Prego kymbie2003,

Every accommodation has to begin with its first review, but if you're uncomfortable being the first, then this accommodation isn't for you.

Even if not previously listed, if there were former guests, then Emma Villas should be able to provide contacts.

Are there other Emma Villas properties that had been listed so you might ask those guests about their experiences and service?

Vagabonda

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Hello,

I will arrive at sunday 29 june , how can I the best travel by local bus to Gardini Naxos to hotel Kalos

Edited: 23 June 2014, 20:42
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,448 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Welcome to Sicily Jacques v!

You would take the direct Interbus service from Aeroporto Catania to Recanati, and then walk about 10 minutes to Hotel Kalos.

http://www.etnatrasporti.it/

Vagabonda

Edited: 24 June 2014, 12:15
Save Reply
8. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Hi! I will arrive at Catania airport at 22:30 and i need to get to giardini naxos . What cheapest option would you recommend?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
106,448 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Welcome to Sicily Алиса Т!

Your options at that hour are a taxi, a prearranged transfer, a car hire, or a first night in Catania. The prearranged transfer is less expensive than the taxi.

Vagabonda

Santa Lucija, Malta
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Catania airport to Giardini Naxos - best way to travel

Hello,

If I get the direct Interbus service fromCatania Airport to Rencati, is it walking distance toHilton Hotel.

Thanks