We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aquaparadise

Which Lazise hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Aquaparadise

Hi!

I will be taking my teenage sons to Aquaparadise in Lazise for a day out. We will be travelling from Limone and I have been recommended by a Trip Advisor expert on the area to take the ferry to Malcesine and then the bus to Lazise. I cannot find public transport info on how to get to Aquaparadise once I am in Lazise. Does anyone know how best to get there, and also how long it will take me - taking into account the treck down from Limone....

Which bus stop should I get off at, and where do I connect?

As it is three of us, would it be easier to go by taxi? (i.e. 3 bus fares v one taxi fare?)

We will be looking at going there at the end of August.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aquaparadise

Hi again, on second thoughts if you want an early start then you could get a taxi to Riva bus station then a bus to the park - the buses run from much earlier in the day than the boats.

This is the bus timetable:

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

And the timetable for the boats:

navigazionelaghi.it/file/…202011.pdf

The stop you will need to get off at is Pacengo (you will see on the timetable it says Pacengo - Canevaworld). The Aqua Paradise park is part of Canevaworld along with the Movie Studios.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aquaparadise

You are a gem. Seriously. Is Aquaparadise a good place to go in your opinion? I am not keen on the idea of Gardaworld as I cannot see the point of travelling all the way to Italy to spend a day in a theme park, when we have Chessington and Thorpe Park here within driving distance.

If you have any suggestions of something cool yet affordable (i.e. not paragliding off Monte Baldo -out of budget) , I would love to hear about it.

I have checked out the German websites as well and they are quite informative as Gardasee is really popular in Germany, but they mainly talk about hiking routes which is what most of the German tourists will come to the Northern end of Lake Garda for.

I think you have gathered by now that we booked without realizing that in Limone we would be miles from anywhere. We just assumed it would be like Lake Constance (Bodensee) which we know well, with good public transport to travel around. It is completely our fault, but explains the increasingly desperate requests - coupled, of course, with appalling weather forecasts over the past 6 weeks for that part of the Lake and really mixed reviews on our allegedly 4 star hotel...

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aquaparadise

Hi Bettina, I can't give a personal opinion on Aquaparadise as I have never been, but it looks as if it would be a good day out. The best person to ask would be Giftzwerg as he goes to Lazise every year. I'm hoping he will see this thread and will give you some advice.

The first time I took my daughters to Lake Garda they were 14 and 16 (we stayed in Riva). We didn't do the theme parks - they opted instead to have some windsurfing lessons on three or four mornings. On other days they hired canoes and bikes, and also spent a lot of time swimming in the lake.

As you've discovered, Limone isn't in the best location for the theme parks or visiting Verona or Venice! However, the best advice I can give is to enjoy what you CAN do and don't worry about what you CAN'T do, and work within the limitations of the transport system. There's a good boat service between the northern towns so make the most of it - e.g. go to Malcesine and go up the cable car - and walk back down! Or go to Torbole, hire some bikes and cycle the designated cycle path to Arco where there's a castle perched on a rocky outcrop.

There's a one-day unlimited-use ticket (called a free circulation ticket on the site) for the slower boats:

navigazionelaghi.it/file/…20eng.pdf

This site may give some ideas for things to do around Riva and Torbole:

http://www.surfsegnana.it/en/activity/

Other information about Riva and Torbole can be found on the Garda-Trentino web site:

www.gardatrentino.it/en/riva-del-garda/

For Limone itself, this site may be of interest as it has a web cam, so you can see what the weather is doing!:

www.visitlimonesulgarda.com/index.asp?menu=96

Some other webcams at the lake:

http://www.checkcams.com/italy/lakegarda

Limone is a beautiful town and the views are stunning, I'm sure you will enjoy it! By the way, where are you staying?

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aquaparadise

Hi Scozzese:

Hotel San Pietro. Looked lovely in the brochure. Had very mixed reviews. We know it is 15 minutes walk uphill which we like, as it will make it quieter and probably cooler at night.

But reviews ranged from lovely all round to urine stained WCs and mould on walls. So we shall see.

For how many years have you been going to Lake Garda, and what for you has been the attraction of returning year after year? I am curious.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aquaparadise

Hi again, the recent reviews don't seem to be too bad and the hotel seems to be in a very good location with great views (it's best to focus on the positive!), and the traveller photos are good. Having said that, the rating system in Italy is different from here in the UK, so a 4* is probably really a 3*. It may be an idea to send a private message to some of the recent reviewers if you have specific questions or concerns about the hotel.

I've been going to Lake Garda for over 13 years, and the list of things that makes me return year after year is long! The main things are probably that it is so spectacularly scenic and also that every town is different - and every single one has something worth seeing. It's also very relaxing and peaceful - the pace of life is unhurried but there are activities and sports (including extreme sports) for those who want them. There is something for everyone - vineyards, churches, castles, museums, history (from the Romans onwards), gardens, hiking trails, bike paths etc.

Last but not least: it's safe, everyone you meet is friendly and the food is good. :)

Edited: 13 August 2011, 23:54
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aquaparadise

Hi Scozzese:

Have taken your advice. We have booked ourselves in for a Canyoning trip!

being blingual German/ English all that kind of stuff is easy for us, as they are all German speaking there in any case.

We have booked Venice with the tour operator as it is too complicated to get there by public transport and because none of my family (apart from me) have been there before - and my 13 year old wants to see where James Bond was.... Venice is lovely in any case.

So we are now looking at kayaking, canyoning and some more exciting activities. Will report when I am back! Thanks again.

By the way: looking at why you like Lake Garda, have a look at the German side of lake Constance (Bodensee) - you would love it!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,210 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Aquaparadise

Hi, I'm glad to see your plans are coming together. Would love to hear how the holiday goes and if it's a success! Your son may be interested in knowing that some of Quantum of Solace was filmed at Lake Garda (including Limone) and that the Aston Martin crashed into the lake:

lake-garda-revealed.com/Lake_Garda_News__Gre…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7356916.stm

This also mentions the filming but will give you some information on Limone:

www.italyheaven.co.uk/lombardy/limone.html

I will take a look at Lake Constance, it sounds as if it would be my kind of place... :)

8. Re: Aquaparadise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2012, 10:20
Get answers to your questions about Lazise