We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best plan for cell phone use - calling from Italy to Canada

Which L'Aquila hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Maple, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
best plan for cell phone use - calling from Italy to Canada

Anyone recently explored or experience in purchasing of phone cards, and or international cell phone plan? Will be away for 30 days yet want to stay connected without paying too much!

Teramo
Destination Expert
for Abruzzo
Level Contributor
383 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best plan for cell phone use - calling from Italy to Canada

Whilst not everyone's experience, we've had a few guests that have encountered terrible problems with international phone cards or arranging phone plans from their home country. With one of our last visitors we recommended something called "TIM Welcome", a service provided by Italy's national phone provider. It provides 2GB of internet download, up to 200 minutes of calls to all national and international numbers, fixed lines or mobiles and lasts 30 days. At €20, plus €10 for the number it's a good deal and the feed back we had was that it worked extremely well.

Go into any TIM shop and to purchase. www.tim.it/estero/dall-italia/tim-welcome

Hope this helps and have a great trip.

Maple, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best plan for cell phone use - calling from Italy to Canada

Wow .... this is the first time that I've posted a question ... and I am so pleased to have received an answer so quickly! I will be researching and sending the information along to my relatives so that they may figure out the closest place to purchase a plan.

I thank you kindly for your time and assistance, and especially for your good wishes too!

Have a wonderful summer!

Teramo
Destination Expert
for Abruzzo
Level Contributor
383 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best plan for cell phone use - calling from Italy to Canada

My pleasure and thank you!

4. Re: best plan for cell phone use - calling from Italy to Canada

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2015, 05:17