We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Canada to Lecce !

Ottawa
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From Canada to Lecce !

Mr, Mrs,

Could you please let me know if Rome would be the best city to land, to be as close as possible to Lecce ?

From Rome, what would be the best way to reach Lecce ?

Thank you ,

Masaryk

Bristol, UK
Level Contributor
201 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Canada to Lecce !

Brindisi is your best bet, then Bari, then Naples and then Rome.

You can get internal flights from Rome or Milan with ease. Alternativel;y, if you don't mind driving across Italy - 6 hours from Rome, or 4 hours from Naples.

J

Watertown, MA
Level Contributor
2,709 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Canada to Lecce !

Hello Masaryk

from Rome airport (FCO) Easyjet flies into Bari, from there drive down to Lecce (or take train)

also from FCO, Alitalia, Blue Panorama, and Air One fly to Brindisi which is closer to Lecce.

From Bari to Lecce by train takes 1 1/2 hours + depending on train and from Brindisi to Lecce, less than 1/2 hour.

the only drawback with the discount airlines is that you may have to pay extra to for your luggage.

The train from Rome to Lecce is close to 6 hours and you still have to travel from the airport to the Rome Termini train station.

Lecce is supposed to be very beautiful!!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Canada to Lecce !

I am betting that Brindisi would be your closest airport option, about a half hour by train from Lecce. Am not 100% sure on this, so hopefully there will be someone who can correct me if I am wrong. Rome is about 6 hours or so by train to Lecce (www.trenitalia.it).

If you end up flying into Rome (which may be less expensive than Brindisi), I would consider spending a night or two in Rome before taking that long of a train ride, or if you want to spend some time in Rome anyway, you could book a separate Rome to Brindisi flight. Alitalia and blu-express.com are options, but I just pulled up Alitalia and the prices for that route didn't sound right (like $750 US) for a round trip in October.

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
342 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Canada to Lecce !

Whoops - by the time I sent my reply you had already had a definite answer on the airports...

Ottawa
Level Contributor
281 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: From Canada to Lecce !

Thank you all for your valuable information !

Masaryk

6. Re: From Canada to Lecce !

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 March 2010, 06:21
Get answers to your questions about Lecce